1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendly counter strike:source servers

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Scarlett_uk, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Scarlett_uk

Scarlett_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a friendly newbie server, I'm a new player to online games and are looking for a server not full of idiots who hurl abuse at the new girl and then go on to tell me that I'm shouldn't be playing, Yeah I know I'm rubbish but we all gotta start some where, yeah?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Hi Scarlett,here are the ip's of the servers I usually play on,I wouldnt say they are noob servers but they are noob friendly,if there is such a thing in Counter Strike ;)

195.149.21.101:27035 -SMMR server is where I usually play,they dont allow autosnipers(which is sooooo nice)and they dont tolerate abusive idiots.Il keep an eye out for you there.

some other decent servers:

83.142.52.8:28015 -{uk}{uk}server ,theres some good range of skill on this server and usually a good crack.

83.142.52.29:28015 -EMO Server,although its rarely full this server has LOADS of custom maps in rotation,so ideal for when you get sick of the usual maps.Good thing about the customs is noone really knows the maps very well so everyone is "noobed up" :D

Have fun.

3. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Ok,slight change,dont go near the SMMR server with a barge pole :nono:
    I was on there last night,and after starting a new map ,I killed the main admin(SMMR Fireball)in the first 2 rounds then suddenly found myself "slayed by admin fireball"at the beginning of the next few rounds.

After this happened a couple of times with no explanation of why he was doing it,I stated it was beginning to get irritating,to be fair ,at this point the other admin did ask him why he was doing it ,but surprise surprise no explanation.After about 5 rounds of this(the rounds were quite short thankfully)I typed that he needs to grow up,as slaying me 5 times just because I killed him twice was quite imature;at which point,he told me to say goodbye and kicked and banned me!

TBH,I was a bit peed off as it was quite a decent server and its so much better playing on a server with no autosniper,but unfortunatley you have sad people like this Fireball :censored: as admins,who just get off on wielding that little bit of power....what a sad little man he must be :rotfl:

Anywhoooo,I am also on the hunt for a new decent server now,preferably 1 which doesnt allow autosnipers,so if anyone knows of any,let us know :smashin:

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,071
    Try this one:

83.245.15.134:28065 [A-LAN] WW Clan Server

see our website at www.weekend-warriors.net

Great server.

Greg
    [WW] Greg

5. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Il go and have a quick look now,before I begin my weekend alcohol frenzy :smashin:

edit:hmm,wont let me join server,loads up map then kicks me out stright away saying it cant verify steam user id,unable to contact server :confused:

Just tried a few servers and they are all the same,joy.I think this is gods way of telling me its time to go to the pub :devil:

6. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I had similar experiences when I started to play a few months ago. The best thing to do is just leave the server if they start abusive rantings and "noob" bashing. As you find better and more mature servers that you enjoy playing on add them to your favourites.
    I personally opted for servers that had experienced old skool players that I could learn from. You get a bit frustrated to start with as they're much better than you but to get better it's best to learn from the best.
    CS is one of the hardest games I've played with a very steep learning curve. You have to invest quite a lot of time to get good which goes some way to explaining it's addictive nature imo.
    I frequent the following servers and your welcome to join me for a game anytime. It might save you a bit of time trawling for decent servers too:D

A-Lan WW Counterstrike clan server 83.245.15.134:28065
    X51/Counter-Strike Source #1 82.136.16.64:27025
    X51/Counter-Strike Source #2 82.136.16.64:27035
    A-Lan [T-OcUK] Clan server 83.245.15.133:28025
    A-Lan Public Server 83.245.15.133:27015

If you want to go further and play with the same people every day/week then you may wish to join a clan at some time. Alternatively I recomend using xfire which allows you to add people to your freinds list. You can instant message to arrange a game and even join your freinds game at any time. It's a very usefull tool and is easy to use:D

Hope to see you in the field soon [WW] Hawklord ;)

7. poopdeck

poopdeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scarlett uk: Im fairly new too... firstly can i agree with Mr jason B about SMMR, they seem to be pretty immature (Although i did have a few good games early on!)
    I mostly use Jolt servers now... Oldliners are a good bunch, and a friend of mine belongs to a clan called The cleaners who are most forgiving when you make a team kill!!! (As long as you apologise!!!) Whoops!
    One other useful tip maybe to change your screen name to something less feminine! saw a player called sarah who got some stick!Bad i know untill you get some skill then you can kick some boy butt!

8. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I changed to the alias "Lady Muck" and couldn't believe the amount of harrasment and sexual inuendo I received. I finally got kicked by the admin though for having a better score than them 24-8 iirc. Couldn't hack being beaten by what they thought was a girl :rotfl: I feel the average age of the players is probably 16 ish or so and for someone my age it feels a bit like going back to kindergarten again (I'm 38 btw).

9. poopdeck

poopdeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure know what you mean... its tough finding decent servers eh! even then any **** can turn up! they are out there for us more mature players. I really love CSS though and when you get a good bunch you can have a great game! Just a case of the sweet and the sour i guess!
    Think i might change my screen name to 36DD for the evening just to see what you mean Hawklord...LOL

10. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Finally got my cr@ppy steam problem sorted,had to delete my client registryblob :confused: and can now join games again,but your ww server seems to be passworded,is that always the case?

11. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,071
    No, you just picked our practise night. Usually 8.30 onwards Tuesday nights, most other times its not passworded.

12. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    ah,reeto,Il try again then :smashin:

13. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Had some good games on your server last night,it seems pretty decent :smashin: .

Was happy you had ff on,now if you could just restrict that stupid autosniper it would be spot on ;)

14. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I restricted it when I was playing but usually after someone had used it.I do not know how anyone can bring themselves to use it :thumbsdow I certainly wouldn't tarnish my hands with it lol. :rotfl:

15. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Cant you restrict it permanently?Go on ,you know you want to ;)

It infuriates me when you have clowns camping in their spawn with a noob cannon :mad:

I think I need to start smoking again,getting stressed far to easily these days :rolleyes:

16. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I'm reluctant to ban it completely because you still need to be able to counter someone using one in clan matches. I do not mind it being used from time to time especially if the team using it is playing catch up, but, if a whole team start using it for no reason other than racking up the kills then I'll be the first to step in and restrict it.;)

17. Scarlett_uk

Scarlett_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies, I'll try a few of the mentioned ones at the weekend, I'll keep an eye out for you all

What S/N do yo use

I'm using Scarlett btw

18. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Fair enough I suppose,Ill just pester you to restrict it everytime you are online ;)

I was surprised you didnt have any custom maps on there though,Ive played some very good maps,some of the old classics like Assault and Inferno and even some new maps like View.IMO the limited selection of official maps can get a bit repetetive :boring:

19. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I'm new to cs and have only been playing since source so all the maps are new to me:) We will be installing some custom maps in the near future but there are changes afoot to our server soon so we are restricting uploads at this time;)

Whats your gamer tag too I can't say I remember seeing you on our server?

I'll keep a look out for you too scarlette I'm [WW] Hawklord btw :smashin:

20. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Shame on you Hawk,all this time Ive been killing you and you forget me so easily :cool:

Ill either be Pervert or more recently Im affectionatley known as Mingedribble ;)

21. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I remember now who could forget such a name. I'd ask you to change it though if we had ladies present :eek: Unless of course they're called knobrot or some such name lol :)

22. Woz!

Woz!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just a friendly plug for the -=DVF=- server over at :

IP Address 195.20.108.194:27050
    DNS friendly name cs.dvf.org.uk:27050

23. Bopp3r

Bopp3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice friendly server is:

BBKs (British Born Killers) - ip 195.149.21.127:27015.

Been in the CS scene since 1999 some members being in BBK for 4 or 5 years. All tend to be older more mature players :)

24. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    We have a very friendly CSS server www.battle-fields.com I'm a regular admin and we are well supported. Please come and have a look. I'm almost always on from 6pm - 7.30. Look for the[BFs] tag to identify admins:
    195.149.21.12:27015

25. poopdeck

poopdeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again.. im using mostly jolt servers like "oldliners" my game tag is zatoichi. But myself and some workmates are starting our own soon and alls welcome, were all in it for a good fun game and foul play or rudeness will result in slaps and the boot!
    Its not easy to keep tag of friends so were using x-fire ( Free download from x-fire.com ) its great for finding people in game. Theres a find friend option which you use to add them... my user name is zatoichi1967, you can see my friends,what game im in and everything.....its really cool!

26. Scarlett_uk

Scarlett_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So if I dl x-fire, am I okay to add y'all?

27. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    sure :smashin: I'm .:iGi:. Hawklord or Priv8pile (cant't remember which xfire uses so i'd try both;))