Question Fridge Freezer fan issue w video

Discussion in 'Domestic White Goods Forum' started by ec362, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ec362

ec362
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    Got a pretty standard fridge not cooling, freezer fine issue. I thought I'd attach a video of the noise it makes to confirm what I'm thinking w/ the fan and get anyone else's views.
    Freezer fine, fridge faulty and fan noise

The funny thing is that the fan doesn't work for a little while, then kicks back in again and works but is v noisy, and the fridge cools again. If anyone can watch the vid and let me know what they think that'd be great. Cheers
    ed

2. Cliff

Cliff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,861
    If the freezer is working it means the compressor and gas are all OK. Listening to the noise, it sounds like the fan is catching, probably on ice. So I would empty the fridge and leave it off for 24hrs with the door open to defrost. Allow al the ice inside to melt.
    Then check if the fan runs freely.
    Ice build up could stop the fridge part getting cool air and that is why it is not cooling well.

Check the door seals as well, because any leak allows moisture from the outside air to get inside and condense and ultimately freeze. This is what causes the ice build up in the first place.