1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan - The Ultimate Edition dvd Collection

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Marv, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Yes at long last its finally hear:

A Year After it was anounced at the Fango Convention,

[​IMG]

"FRIDAY THE 13th - FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION"

*Debuting on DVD on October 5 With More than 10 hours of Bonus Features *

HOLLYWOOD, June 29, 2004 - Paramount Home Entertainment presents the long-awaited and eagerly anticipated FRIDAY THE 13th - FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION on October 5. The 5-disc set features the entire collection of Paramount's eight FRIDAY THE 13th films, two-per-disc, plus a 5th disc that is dedicated to many hours of behind-the-scenes material on the history and folklore associated with the classic horror series, as well as theatrical trailers, new animated menus, commentary tracks and other FRIDAY THE 13th pleasures. Order cut-off for the DVD collection is August 24.

Special features include:

Cast commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART 3 by author Peter Bracke and actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell and Richard Brooker

Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART VI: JASON LIVES by director Tom McLouglin

Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD by actor Kane Hodder and director John Carl Buechler

Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN by director Rob Hedden

A featurette "Tales From the Cutting Room," in which exclusive deleted scenes and footage is revealed for the first time.

An 8-part featurette "The Friday The 13th Chronicles," which looks at the legacy of the films throughout their history, featuring cast and crew commenting on each film and why they appeal to audiences. Includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Corey Feldman, Kane Hodder, Lar Park Lincoln, Betsy Palmer, Tom Savini and directors Sean Cunningham, Tom McLoughlin, Rob Heddon, Joseph Zito and John Carl Buechler.

A 3-part featurette "Secrets Galore Behind The Gore," which looks at the work of master make-up effects designer Tom Savini in Part 1 and Part IV and John Carl Buechler in Part VII. Includes rare and never-before-seen footage, drawings and stills illustrating the make-up techniques used to create Jason and achieve elaborate death scenes.

A featurette "Crystal Lake Victims Tell All!" in which cast and crew from various films share amusing anecdotes. Includes Corey Feldman, Larry Zerner, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Lar Park Lincoln and directors.

A featurette "Friday Artifacts and Collectibles," which looks at props and collectables from the films.

The theatrical trailers from all 8 movies except Part VI, which is represented by the teaser trailer.

[​IMG]

FRIDAY THE 13th - FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION is expected to be priced by retailers for around $60 in the U.S. and at around C$70 in Canada.

Marv.

2. Mike S

Mike S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But are they uncut?

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    ...and how many of them are any good? Are they all in DD5.1 or DTS?

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These films are unfortunately the same old MPAA censored versions but we will get some deleted scenes ( i'm not gonna waste my time buying this as i think Paramount could have and should have done better )

5. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
  6. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Hmm, I wonder if you could just obtain the extras disc ;)

7. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    What a pile of old toss. Paramount can keep it and I'll keep my money.

8. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +950
    Paramount are fools :thumbsdow
    the extras look interesting, but there's no way I'd go with the box unless the films were uncut.

9. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    But Paramount are hardly going to spend the amount of money required to integrate the cut footage back into the films. Hell they won't even cough up for Bill Shatner to mess with ST5, and thats go to be their most lucrative franchise.

10. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +950
    exactly, the skinflints.
    And I'm sure the extras disc will find its way into numerous ebay auctions as a DVDr within weeks of the box being released :laugh:

11. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I'm not sure this is any sign of quality. You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.
    I think someone at Paramount knows better than letting "The Shat" loose with their chequebook! :laugh:

12. gagde

gagde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i thought paramount sold the rights to new line cinema hence freddy vs jason.

13. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Let's face it, there's only one or two of the series which are actually any good. Disappointing box set (no 5.1?), but I don't think I would have bought it, even if the specs were any better, because most of the films are crap. IMHO. ;)

14. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yep Paramount are treating horror fans like crap yet again - Why the hell cant they actually remaster them and add the missing footage back in - just because they are tightwads - The Friday movies have been a Massive money spinner(one of there most successful ever) for them yet when it comes for them to spend a few $ they dont bother :mad: . Just think of the sales they could of had if it was Uncut - every horror fan in the world would of wanted the Box.

15. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    No they sold the rights to Jason and the fiday the 13th name, Paramount still kept all 8 movies they made.

16. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see so many in agreement that this boxed set is total **** hopefully in several years time Paramount will spend money on a High Definition uncut boxed set but until then i won't touch this with a barge pole.

They could have done so much with this set, commentaries are good but imagine an uncut version of all the movies and part 3 presented in 3D on DVD, doesn't matter if you think the films sucked, thats not the point, they should have spent the cash and i think they would have made their money back as this set could have been one hell of a collectors item as it stands its pure garbage ( ok not garbage but close )