1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday the 13th Boxset

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Blondie, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone no if ever they will release a region 2 friday the 13th boxset this year as a seem to be waiting for ever?? as a big horror fan this is the only franchise to not get the treatment that others such as halloween and nightmare on elm street have had :lease:

2. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    No news yet, I bought the R1 set for £29.99.

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    A British R2 release seems unlikely as Warner own the rights to the first film in the UK and Paramount to the next 7 films, I believe. From then on they're New Line productions aren't they?

Copyright hell! :eek:

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    another reason for the release of boxes for boxsets without any dvds in.. i'd pay a fiver to get a nice friday 13th 10 dvd case to put all the movies in, since i have them all already.

5. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +943
    Yeah your right, parts 9+10 are newline as is Fvs.J . They could release a boxset of just parts 2-8 like they did in france but that would be a little pointless.

6. John Watts

John Watts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Don't want to open a can of worms here folks but for crying out loud! why would you want a box set of this garbage????????????????
    Go spend your money on some good superbits or some quality movies.
    Just a thought. :devil:
    J.

7. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    The boxset is quite a weak product. I saw the extras disc which although adequate, still lacks what the fans really want.

8. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought there might be some one out there who hates 80's slasher flicks your either a fan or not!! I'am. i have a massive collection of DVD.s and the one thing missing from my horror collection is the friday the 13th boxset. by quality movies do you mean the superb and unforgetable the good the bad and the ugly??? or are you with the usual crowd The Lord Of the Rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    respect marc on that DVD collection, however don't u feel cheated on the bare bones Friday the 13th films?? PS Need to buy more DVD's!

10. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    i dont feel too cheated on some of them, because i wouldnt really expect an abundance of extras on the later movies. Its nice that a couple of them have DD5.1 and they're anamorphic widescreen, and the image quality on part 6 and above is outstanding considering the age of the movies. Part 1 however i'm not too happy with. I bought it cos it was on sale and i fancied completing my collection, but i really think they missed a trick by rereleasing it as a budget dvd. At least it's uncut, but i was hoping for a double disc dd5.1 remastered edition with lots of extras when i originally heard it was being rereleased. I'd also like a rerelease of part 3 because its cropped (the original AR was something silly because of the two seperate image overlays) and it's not in 3d like its supposed to be.

i assume you looked at my dvdprofile from your comments? Im proud to have all the freddy, jason, michael (havent got halloween 3 cos its a travesty), pinhead, chucky, alien, predator, wishmaster, jeepers creepers, scream and evil dead movies :) just need to get candyman 2 and i'll have all that series too! Horror films are my favourite genre, and i tend to like the movies even if they're pretty cheesy. Exceptions would be wishmaster 2, halloween 3, nightmare on elm street 6 and friday 13th part 8 which i thought were a bit weak.

oh and with regards to a R2 boxset, i dont think the movie studios are a problem, I think the problem is that the rights to Jason X on DVD are with EIV, Jason Goes To Hell on DVD is owned by Fox, the rights to parts 2-8 on DVD are with Paramount and the rights to part 1 on DVD are with Warner Bros so a boxset couldnt be released until all those production contracts end and one distributor buys all 10 movies.

This was the case with the NOES series, which is why there was a 5 dvd boxset, then a 6 dvd boxset, then a 7 dvd boxset, as EIV kept bringing out new copies every time they acquired the rights to another movie.

11. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try Madman and bodycount Marc true 80's slasher flicks even if they do rip off halloween and friday the 13th, shame about the studios not getting together and releasing good quality boxsets like Alien Quadrliogy (the best)!! I to have been ripped off by buying NOES 5 disc set and then the latest 7 disc set and i purchased the first halloween collection without 6 and resurrection then bought the latest boxset with all 8 films. so here's hopeing that one day there will be an all singing all dancing friday the 13th boxset with all editions uncut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horror fans unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    I was a bit miffed with the R1 1-8 set to start with, until I realised you can't really expect more for such a dirt cheap price!. £3 odd per film means it's cheap enough so you wouldn't mind buying any future sets. I also chose the 7 disc Elm street rather than the 8 disc, the 8 disc was a tenner more just for a 47 min documentary and some cruddy 3D glasses.

13. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Only a 45mins documentry NOT !!
    Theres loads of stuff on the 8th disc - deleted endings+scenes etc etc You have to play a fun interactive Nightmare game to unlock them.

14. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why is it that most horror films, not counting the aliens films, get a rough deal when it comes to DVD's, :thumbsdow there must be a massive following out there :hiya: