Quantcast

Friday the 13th box set is SH**E!

videonasty

Novice Member
I can't believe what Paramount are going to do to the upcoming Friday the 13th DVD box set!:eek: :mad: :mad: :suicide:

Friday the 13th Box Set:

Meanwhile, the latest reports from Crystal Lake indicate that the upcoming Friday the 13th box set from Paramount will be a five-disc affair, instead of the of the previously reported nine discs. The set will feature the eight Jason films on four dual-sided discs in anamorphic widescreen and various Dolby Digital audio options. Despite early speculation, however, none of the films will be presented in their original pre-MPAA uncut versions. Audio commentary tracks recorded thus far include ones for Part 3 (cast members Dana Kimmell, Paul Kratka, Richard Brooker, Larry Zerner), Part 6 (director Tom McLoughlin), Part 7 (director John Carl Buechler and Kane "Jason" Hodder) and Part 8 (director Rob Hedden). The bonus materials will be relegated to the fifth disc and will include uncut deleted footage from Parts 1 and 6 (presented side-by-side with the R-rated versions), more deleted footage from Part 7 (with commentary by John Buechler) and additional scenes from the TV version of Part 4. Rounding out the extras are some featurettes, cast & crew interviews and trailers. Thanks to Camp Crystal Lake and HorrorDVDs for the details.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
I don't think anyone will ever do the series justice. Shame really.

I've got a real soft spot for part six:zonked:

TarPot

What's the point of that???!!! Same old cut versions.
At least you can get the original uncut elsewhere.
If it's cheap I may part with my cash. But I do mean cheap.

Setenza

Novice Member
As far as I know the uncut versions are not available anywhere. Paramount don't want to spend money reinstating footage back into films, then having to re-score these sequences and all the other chores that come from such a restoration project.

All I want is the extras disc, as I have the parts 1-6 which is all I want from the paramount range.