Friday the 13th: 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk - Deff.com - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 11/10/2021

F13_8FC.jpg

FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT
The film that started it all... Unwary campers ignore the locals’ warnings and one by one they find out how unlucky Friday the 13th can be.

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2
Five years after the massacre at Camp Crystal Lake, the legend of Jason Voorhees lives on. Despite ominous warnings, a group of counsellors encounter horrors of their own.

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3
A carefree summer becomes a deadly nightmare for a group of teenagers who choose to ignore Camp Crystal Lake’s gruesome legacy.

FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER
After the Crystal Lake Massacres, Jason is pronounced dead but the diabolical killing spree continues at the camp where the gruesome slaughter began.

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V: A NEW BEGINNING
Young Tommy Jarvis may have escaped from Crystal Lake, but he’s still haunted by his nemesis, the maniacal serial killer Jason Voorhees.

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES
Jason rises from the grave to wreak havoc upon a new group of unsuspecting campers in an ultra-bloody rampage.

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD
What chance does a telekinetic teenage girl have against a maniacal serial killer with a machete? Return to Crystal Lake to find out…if you dare!

Attachments

• F13_8FC (inside).jpg
    F13_8FC (inside).jpg
    177 KB · Views: 230
  • F13_8FC (back).jpg
    F13_8FC (back).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think they've omitted Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan on the disc descriptions. I'm sure that should be in there. Might consider getting at a discount once released and if still available?

8 movies but 6 discs?
Previous Paramount UK 1-8 Box Set Collection Amaray release
Part 5/6 on same disc and 7/8 on same disc

Parts 1/2/3 and Final Chapter had own disc each per film

Total 6 discs

Steelbook would be using same previous paramount UK discs

Last edited:
Thanks, that's useful. They are not short movies and so I guess they just stopped caring about bitrate at that point. I have seen double-sided discs used in the past but they are quite horrible as you can only have a tiny label around the centre hole.

Thanks, that's useful. They are not short movies and so I guess they just stopped caring about bitrate at that point. I have seen double-sided discs used in the past but they are quite horrible as you can only have a tiny label around the centre hole.
They not double sided discs

Disc 1 Friday the 13th
Disc 2 Friday the 13th 2
Disc 3 Friday The 13th 3
Disc 4 Final Chapter

Discs below
Menu you choose which film
Disc 5 Friday the 13th 5/6
Disc 6 Friday the 13th 7/8

Last edited:
This release is 25% cheaper in Europe (FR).

After last time, do I dare say Zavvi are taking the pee with that price? Yes I do. Zavvi are seriously taking the pee.

They not double sided discs
I didn’t mean that they were. Only that double-sided discs are an alternative to the low bitrates caused by cramming two longish movies onto a single side.

Last edited:
Absolutely. If you take the Amaray RRP to be £45 then adding £10 for a steelbook should be it at most. In reality, the Amaray collection sells for less than £30.
Deff price on their website for the Steelbook is £74.99

Amazon/HMV I expect will be around the same

The pricing is absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

I've just checked my Amazon account and I bought the 8-movie boxset in September 2019 for £29.99. The discs in this steelbook set are identical and still missing Part 8, 9 and 10 (Jason X) as well as the Freddy vs. Jason spin-off and the Friday the 13th remake.

So that means Zavvi are asking £50.00 just for the steelbook case that house the set!!! For shame. This should be no more than £44.99 in my view as there's nothing new at all beyond the case.

The pricing is absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

I've just checked my Amazon account and I bought the 8-movie boxset in September 2019 for £29.99. The discs in this steelbook set are identical and still missing Part 8, 9 and 10 (Jason X) as well as spin-off and the Friday the 13th remake.

So that means Zavvi are asking £50.00 just for the steelbook case that house the set!!! For shame. This should be no more than £44.99 in my view as there's nothing new at all beyond the case.
Steelbook is not missing Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
It's the same 8 films that is in the existing Blu-ray amaray 8 film collection release from paramount UK
It's just a re-packaging in a Steelbook

Disc 1 Friday the 13th
Disc 2 Friday the 13th Part 2
Disc 3 Friday the 13th Part 3
Disc 4 Friday the 13 Final Chapter
Disc 5: (2 Films on the Disc) - Friday the 13th: Part V: A New Beginning and Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
Disc 6: (2 Films on the Disc) - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan

The Films below are not paramount films so would not been included anyway and was not in the UK Amaray release
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
Jason X
Freddy vs. Jason
Friday the 13th remake

Deff UK their price for the steelbook is £74.99 and is available to pre order from them also

The retail price is decided by the dealer price paramount distributor charge the retailers
If you want to complain contact paramount UK as they decided the price
Zavvi is £79.99
Deff is £74.99
Amazon and HMV will be around same price likely will be between £70 to £80

Last edited:
Price (as set by the distributor) is bonkers. Not helped by Zavvi charging £7 more than Deff (inc. UK postage).

I've not heard of Deff before, but it is good to have another retailer on the scene offering pre-orders on new releases.

Price (as set by the distributor) is bonkers. Not helped by Zavvi charging £7 more than Deff (inc. UK postage).

I've not heard of Deff before, but it is good to have another retailer on the scene offering pre-orders on new releases.
Deff are not much use for customers based outside UK
Unless you don't mind paying shipping costs that range from £16 to £30 and that's on top of the item price itself

Deff price + shipping also don't include Eu vat so you will have postal/carrier/Courier look for vat payment and also fee for collecting payment

A item that cost £17 on Deff can end up costing you £34 to £50 if you based outside UK
You also need to budget for EU vat and courier fee as well that a separate payment when getting delivery.

Deff are ok for those based in UK but not if you based outside UK as you can get items lot cheaper from other UK retailers

I gather you never worked in a Music/Video Retailer shop as a buyer
As if you did you would know the dealer price is what decides the retail price will be
This why retailers have prices that are around the same for pre order releases they might vary a little

The amount of profit can vary for a retailer it will all depend on how much of a file discount the retailer has with the distributor

Why do you think likes of HMV stopped selling some label releases that was due to not getting a file discount they wanted
As they would not be making enough profit on sales without the file discount

The profit on DVD/Blu-ray releases is not as much as you may think it is
It really all depends on what file discount a retailer has with a distributor

Amazon get the most file discount due the volume of orders they do with a distributors
They can afford to drop prices on pre orders but not all releases as it will depend on the distributor involved that supplies the stock to the retailer

Some labels don't give you any file discount so if you have a lot of stock not sold you often end up selling at a loss when you lower the price
So you need to be very careful when ordering amount of stock when you have a low or no file discount

Last edited:
Deff are ok for those based in UK but not if you based outside UK as you can get items lot cheaper from other UK retailers
Didn't we have this conversation before? Surely, if you are not based in the UK you would look at your regional retailers (assuming the title is available). In this case €69.99 from amazon.fr or $59.99 from BestBuy. Unless that is you really enjoy overpaying for your steelbooks. :laugh:

I gather you never worked in a Music/Video Retailer shop as a buyer
You are correct. My statement that the distributor price is bonkers is still valid though. Setting the dealer price at £35-£50 higher than the Amaray edition is lunacy.

So Zavvi's buyer either didn't negotiate as good of a discount as Deff, or they have decided to take an extra ~10% slice of profit.

Last edited:
Steelbook is not missing Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
It's the same 8 films that is in the existing Blu-ray amaray 8 film collection release from paramount UK
It's just a re-packaging in a Steelbook

Disc 1 Friday the 13th
Disc 2 Friday the 13th Part 2
Disc 3 Friday the 13th Part 3
Disc 4 Friday the 13 Final Chapter
Disc 5: (2 Films on the Disc) - Friday the 13th: Part V: A New Beginning and Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
Disc 6: (2 Films on the Disc) - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan

The Films below are not paramount films so would not been included anyway and was not in the UK Amaray release
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
Jason X
Freddy vs. Jason
Friday the 13th remake

Deff UK their price for the steelbook is £74.99 and is available to pre order from them also

The retail price is decided by the dealer price paramount distributor charge the retailers
If you want to complain contact paramount UK as they decided the price
Zavvi is £79.99
Deff is £74.99
Amazon and HMV will be around same price likely will be between £70 to £80

Apologies for the mix up with the movies. I meant 9 and 10, not 8, 9 and 10. It's been a while since I watched the 8-movie boxset, which cost me just £29.99, just to remind people how absurd the cost of this steelbook is.

Paramount, similarly, massively overpriced the recent Indiana Jones 4-movie steelbook collection by £30-£40 and skimped on its quality by housing it in the most flimsy easy-to-damage cardboard box imaginable. I can't say, on reflection, that I am that surprised by the pricing of this. They are exploiting their customers in my humble opinion.

Paramount, similarly, massively overpriced the recent Indiana Jones 4-movie steelbook collection by £30-£40 and skimped on its quality by housing it in the most flimsy easy-to-damage cardboard box imaginable. I can't say, on reflection, that I am that surprised by the pricing of this. They are exploiting their customers in my humble opinion.
I agree. The box was an embarrassment. The Indiana Jones movies deserved so much more, the very best IMHO.

Wow! Amazon’s buyers really negotiated a great deal with the distributor. A full £20 cheaper than Zavvi and presumably there is still some profit in it for them. The experts didn’t see that coming. I predict sudden availability of stock at Zavvi.

I've seen this going for $50 USD here.

double-sided discs are an alternative to the low bitrates
Indeed, but not very common. In fact, I've only owned one: Dreamcatcher/The Core

I hadn't ever seriously thought about it until yesterday.
I have an ancient DVD of Children of Dune, it's 3 films on one disc. Yes, the quality if very poor!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom