Friday Series

S

Sgt.Colon

Has anyone seen this series? Is it worth buying. Reading website I seem to get mixed reviews, so I thought I would come to the professionals. :)

Any feed back welcome.

If you mean 'Friday', 'Next Friday' and 'Friday After Next' then yes, they are pretty funny. A lot of the humour is very American-centric though, which may not work if you've never been there/know what it's like there.

They're not ever going to be remembered as classic cinema (and won't ever be discs you'd demo your system with) but they are funny knockabout comedies. Ice Cube is very good in them.

Yes JB that is the series :smashin: Thanks for that. I think I shall purchase them then. I like Ice Cube after watching Barbershop, which IMO was very funny. :)

SGT COLON

Can you tell me where you are getting these from, I am very interested in purchasing them as well

are they selling it as a pack, cause I can only find them individually.... also I cannot find 'Friday After Next'

I would personally only buy the first one of the series (Friday). Next Friday is not a patch on the first one, managing only one or two funny moments in the entire film! Not very good for a comedy! Can't comment on the new one (Friday After Next) as I haven't seen it, but with the way sequels are usually worse than the previous film, i wouldn't hold out much hope for it!!

Any film featuring DJ Pooh must be worth a watch. I wonder if he's related to Mr Hankie's Christmas Pooh :D

the first friday is an absolute gem of a film funny as hell an a welcome break from the menace to society/new jersey drive kinda film.the second in comparision is weak with few of the characters from the first (chris tucker should have been payed what he wanted for his return IMHO) dede craigs cousin is just plain annoying to me but his uncle elroy an his brother (craigs dad) are absolutely hilarious,throw into the mix 3 latino gangsters an big deebo an you still get laughs but not as many an not as fast.friday after next on theother hand is a return to form i was crying with laughter at a fair points in the film,dede is hilarious in this film as much as i hated him in the second he more than makes up for it in this one,there is a lot more of uncle elroy an craigs dad (these guys should have there own film IMHO lol) debo is no longer in it but the new character is funnier without being quite so intimadating as deebo,to be blunt DAMON is a steroid freak who has spent most of his time inside an has grown accustom to FRESH FISH lol.also a huge well done must go to money mike who is a pimp shop owner who is the same stature as prince or symbol or whatever lol and is simply hilarious.so on the whole id say get the boxset 2 out of 3 aint bad an next friday really aint that bad.:smashin:

Originally posted by d_devani
also I cannot find 'Friday After Next'
I think It hasnt been released in the cinema yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom