Friday only: The special one-day Apple shopping event.

darren68uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was going to order a Macbook Pro this week. I am going to wait till friday now.

Does anyone know what discount it could possibly be?

Last edited:
They do this every year in line with the US "Black Friday"

Can't remember them being anything spectacular, so don't set your expectations too high.

It's never been more than 15% off, and highly popular products (some iPad, some Macbook Airs) are not usually discounted at all.

Here's a description of last year's sale: Apple UK Black Friday Sale Event : Three Things To Know | ITProPortal.com

apprecaite the heads up anyway:thumbsup:

where as normally im stalking the net just for a bargain i probably dont need I am actually looking to get an ipad 2, so wont hurt to wait to see what apple presents on friday! :D

The US discounts have been leaked:

iPad 2 - $41 to $61 Off (ÂŁ26 - ÂŁ39)
iPod nano - $11 off
iPod Touch - $21 to $41 off
MacBook Air - $101 off
MacBook Pro - $101 off
iMac - $101 off

Don't expect more than this for the UK, and most likely it'll be less.

gkpm said:
The US discounts have been leaked:

iPad 2 - $41 to $61 Off (ÂŁ26 - ÂŁ39)
iPod nano - $11 off
iPod Touch - $21 to $41 off
MacBook Air - $101 off
MacBook Pro - $101 off
iMac - $101 off

Don't expect more than this for the UK, and most likely it'll be less.

Converting $ to ÂŁ is useless in this respect as the full prices don't convert in the same way. %'s would be better!

bpsmith said:
Converting $ to ÂŁ is useless in this respect as the full prices don't convert in the same way. %'s would be better!

Pre-VAT UK prices for the iPad 2 are very similar to US prices, so maybe a simple currency conversion is not completely useless.

But feel free to figure out the % and post back :) Just keep in mind the discount may apply to Pre-VAT, not full UK price.

Last edited:
anyone any idea when this sale will start, midnight? or what time in the morning?

Apparently sales already started over on Australia's online store, so we might be seeing it here shortly after midnight today.

Are there going to be any app sales or is it just hardware.

gkpm said:
Pre-VAT UK prices for the iPad 2 are very similar to US prices, so maybe a simple currency conversion is not completely useless.

But feel free to figure out the % and post back :) Just keep in mind the discount may apply to Pre-VAT, not full UK price.

No point! It'll be here before we know it... ;-)

peebly said:
Are there going to be any app sales or is it just hardware.

There usually is. Get one of the App price monitoring Apps and they will have everything covered.

The AUS 16Gb Wifi Ipad3 has been reduced by 7.7%, if the US info is correct their discount will be 8.2% (based on the $41 discount of the $499 price)

So as a ballpark I'd go at around an 8% discount, making that particular version of iPad2 ÂŁ367 in the UK, just enough discount to buy the smart cover and bring it back up to ÂŁ399 :)

Looks like it's going to be midnight for the price changes as the site is off line with the familiar "We'll be back soon" message.

well i was looking at getting a white wifi n 3g 32GB ipad2, but i really dont see it going for around ÂŁ500 so think im gonna go for a 32GB wifi only one !

The Uk site is now under maintenance so anytime soon we will find out what's on offer over here. Am holding my breath but I have a feeling that it may be just a small percentage off the items I would like. Still fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I am after an Apple battery charger for my daughters iMac as a tree present. ÂŁ25? is a little steep, but just found out it comes with 6 rechargable batteries, not two, so a little better value. ish. So a few quid off would be nice. :smashin:

Store still down!

Those batteries are meant to be very high power and long lasting mind you. The best batteries out there.

hmmmmmmm maybe it wont be till stores open in the morning grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i dont mind waiting up but why cant they ever just announce the bloody time its going live

Aussie site went live hours ago, so should have been midnight here?

just ordered 32GB white wifi with the apple cover, ÂŁ462 delivered, happy bunny, the 3G ver is ÂŁ538. which was tempting, but i said my limit was ÂŁ500 and glas i stuck to it

Nice! Good for you fella!

I still use my 1st Gen from release day and still think its awesome. You won't be disappointed!

"busy updating" at the moment

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom