Friday Night's fer Fightin' *PART 33*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProperJayC

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Continuing on from here http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-live-clans/1626330-friday-nights-fer-fightin-part-32-a.html

As you were, gentlemen :hiya:

ov7ZV.gif

Reinstalled Raspbmc on my pi last night and left it for a few hours and is running smooth as silk now except on 1080p mkvs (haven't tried other formats) which still stutter.

I'm connecting via home plugs and have a 100mbps connection across the network but can't be sure it's down to network or pi not handling it.

Am using the old sky router so could be that. But am happy I can watch 24 in bed now without moving the PS3 :)

i'm posting this from my xbox guys!!!:smashin:

may need to get one of those chat pad things:thumbsup:

Reinstalled Raspbmc on my pi last night and left it for a few hours and is running smooth as silk now except on 1080p mkvs (haven't tried other formats) which still stutter.

I'm connecting via home plugs and have a 100mbps connection across the network but can't be sure it's down to network or pi not handling it.

Am using the old sky router so could be that. But am happy I can watch 24 in bed now without moving the PS3 :)
What homeplugs are you using?

i'm posting this from my xbox guys!!!:smashin:

may need to get one of those chat pad things:thumbsup:

You're in the beta program too are you? I can't try IE yet as I'm only a silver at the moment :laugh::rolleyes:

Sniper Ash6 said:
What homeplugs are you using?

ja5on said:
You're in the beta program too are you? I can't try IE yet as I'm only a silver at the moment :laugh::rolleyes:

These ones

Yeh in the beta IE actually works really well. Nice keyboard (not the crap bing one) and the cursor changes colour when your on a link so you know you're in the right place.

Attachments

• image-3457341706.jpg
    image-3457341706.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 67
Morning chaps.:hiya:

When you're in the beta xbox live program does it stop you from chatting if the other user is still on the official release?

Knitting in 3 hours.:D

Morning chaps.:hiya:

When you're in the beta xbox live program does it stop you from chatting if the other user is still on the official release?

Knitting in 3 hours.:D

Nope you can still chat with others - not being on the xbox makes it more difficult.

If we are all on tonight I can get my girlfriend sufficiently drunk to play with you guys if you want :smashin:

Knitting at last.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120810_123056.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120810_123056.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 63
Hahaha! Still came out sideways! Note to oneself...must get off the floor.

If any of you chaps like a punt on the nags then I've had a text from a pal who says Super Cookie has a shout in the 6:10 at newmarket. Don't go mad though. He does give some good ones but they don't all win. I'm having an ew bet as its around 12/1.

Are any of you on tonight? The wife is giving me permission but it will be from 9:30 ish.

snorbawod said:
If any of you chaps like a punt on the nags then I've had a text from a pal who says Super Cookie has a shout in the 6:10 at newmarket. Don't go mad though. He does give some good ones but they don't all win. I'm having an ew bet as its around 12/1.

I hope you all backed it and made a few quid. It romped home and I was on at 12s. Happy days. :)

These ones

Yeh in the beta IE actually works really well. Nice keyboard (not the crap bing one) and the cursor changes colour when your on a link so you know you're in the right place.
There's your problem. They only have a 10/100Mb ethernet port.

TL-PA411 - Welcome to TP-LINK

Last edited:
So why do they say upto 500mbps :S

Also what should I get instead?
The adapters can communicate at up to 500Mbps (e.g. between each other) which is why they're advertised as such - it's fairly misleading.

Do you need GbE?

Sniper Ash6 said:
The adapters can communicate at up to 500Mbps (e.g. between each other) which is why they're advertised as such - it's fairly misleading.

Do you need GbE?

I have no idea what you are talking about :D

I have a netgear ReadyNAS pluged in to sky router and rasp pi upstairs which I want to stream 1080p content too :)

Blimey! Checked online last night to have a dabble and not one of you on.:( I suppose it was too early as you lot get on very late. I'll try again next week.:hiya:

No tips for today.......YET.

Tip from same pal as yesterday

Savvy Chic - 4:10 Newmarket @ 6s

Dont go mad.

I have no idea what you are talking about :D

I have a netgear ReadyNAS pluged in to sky router and rasp pi upstairs which I want to stream 1080p content too :)
The pair of adapters can talk to each other at 500Mbps but the outside world via the ethernet port at 100Mbps. As the ports are only 10/100 that's why it's showing as being connected at 100Mbps.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I expect the router only has 100Mb/s ports in it too? You won't have any problems with a 100Mb connection for streaming 1080p content, multiple streams will stack up and require more after a point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom