Freview reception query

A

adi

later this year i'll be converting my loft into a "chill out" room, and instead of renting a 2nd telewest digibox at £15 a month, i'm considering a freeview box.

we live in area of very good tv reception - the tv's own internal arial is adequate for watching terrestrial signals.

would freeview work on a basic internal arial, or would i need to upgrade to and external arial

adi

This depends. If the transmitter you use for analogue reception also transmits DTT signals then you shouldn't have a problem, but if it doesn't, then the nearest transmitter that does could be out of range. Most relay stations are analogue only and some may never be upgraded to digital.

The best thing to do is to borrow a box and see if it works. You should also get a proper indoor aerial instead of using the small loop aerial supplied with the TV, possibly in conjunction with a signal booster. Go to www.dtg.org.uk and check your coverage.

I'm two miles from the Sudbury transmitter and reception with an indoor aerial is fine on all channels, although the Sky channels do break up a bit if the battery is low on the signal booster.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom