Frequency (CW)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
NBC to develop with Jeremy Carver (Showrunner on CW's Supernatural) who will script the 2000 time travel film Frequency, which starred Jim Caviezel and Dennis Quaid.

Great film, promising idea for TV.

Peyton List Joins Frequency
The actress will star opposite Riley Smith (Nashville) in the network’s drama pilot reboot of the 2000 Jim Caviezel-Dennis Quaid film, our sister site Deadline reports

The potential series follows a female police detective (List) who discovers she is able to speak via ham radio with her estranged father (Smith) — who died 20 years prior and also was a detective. As they forge a new relationship while working together on an unresolved murder case, unintended consequences of the “butterfly effect” wreak havoc in the present day.

Supernatural showrunner Jeremy Carver penned the pilot and will serve as an executive producer

Daniel Bonjour Casts In The CW’s ‘Frequency’
Bonjour will play Daniel Badour, a handsome man with infectious charm who’s an up-and-coming architect and is deeply in love with Raimy and planning to propose. He’s gravely concerned by Raimy’s apparently insane claims that she’s communicating with her dead father in the past.

Last edited:
frequency-key-art.jpg

Frequency casts Rob Mayes as Raimy's love interest
Rob Mayes will recur as Detective Kyle Mosbey, who’s described as a “charmingly cocky detective and Raimy’s equal and surprise love interest. Kyle challenges Raimy’s idea of the perfect guy for her. He understands that life on the job can leave little room for a conventional relationship, but neither can deny their connection.”

Frequency Casts Supernatural Vet as Imprisoned 'Wily Trickster'
Armstrong will play Karl Pierce, a manipulative and charming former quantum physics professor who’s gone to the dark side. He is described as a wily trickster — but not The Trickster, Supe fans! — who likely went over the edge long ago, but instead wears the mask of an erratic genius. While in prison for murdering his neighbor, he arranges a meeting with Det. Raimy Sullivan (played by Peyton List) after insisting he has important information for her.

episode 1, enjoyed the pilot :laugh: looking forward to next week

episode 1, enjoyed the pilot :laugh: looking forward to next week

That was a vey good pilot, shades of Timeless which is expected
the past changes the future

That was a vey good pilot, shades of Timeless which is expected
the past changes the future
for the time being it should be interesting but if it continues through the HAM radio to maintain the butterfly effect & to solve old crimes without the daughter eventually meeting her daddy in her present timeline could be boring :rolleyes:

How Will Frequency Work as a Series? :)
So each week will be Frank and Raimy helping each other to untangle these mysteries -- who set up Frank? who is the Nightingale killer? -- while also trying to get Raimy back to her original timeline, making the show a mix of police procedural, sci-fi and family drama. We still recommend you keep a notebook nearby to keep everything straight, though.

Last edited:
Unsure how I feel about this given I loved the original film. I'd want to see more though which is more than Timeless although I realised that I was expecting time after time when watching Timeless!

Enjoyed this, never heard of the original film so will have to check it out. Nice to have Peyton List back on our screens.

very enjoyable cult film with the father & son leads. I've not seen it for a long while, I must dust off the dvd.

Entertaining first two episodes.

(UK) acquired by Netflix.

The first episode is now available to stream, subsequent episodes being made available every Thursday, less than 24 hours after they air in the US.

I watched the first 2 episodes at the weekend on netflix

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom