French TV reception on Freesat dish

ahayes

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have just had a twin Freesat installed. I have a Foxsat HDR. Can I add another LNB to receive French channels at 19.2? I believe that TNT SAT is broadcasting from this satellite, I am a complete novice so sorry if the answer is obvious. I am not fussed about HD channels tbh. I would have to have an engineer out to do it, so does anyone know how much it would cost?

If you wish to view TNT SAT you will require another receiver by all accounts.
See post 151 here http://www.avforums.com/forums/satellite-tv/1306511-acquiring-french-tv-yorkshire-region-6.html

which says:
"TNT have revised there smart card security & they no longer work in the Technomates, its upset alot of users who dont like the TNT receivers & have been forced to go back to using them"

Although it refers to Technomate receivers the situation with the Humax may be the same.

Fitting another LNB to the dish may be possible and the dish would also need to be re-aligned.
The complete thread linked above may of be some help to you.

There will more more answers soon from members with more experience (in this sort of thing) which will give better guidance

Hi

I have just had a twin Freesat installed. I have a Foxsat HDR. Can I add another LNB to receive French channels at 19.2? I believe that TNT SAT is broadcasting from this satellite, I am a complete novice so sorry if the answer is obvious. I am not fussed about HD channels tbh. I would have to have an engineer out to do it, so does anyone know how much it would cost?

It can be done but your average satellite engineer/ installer usually won't be able to do that - it takes a serious mod to get 19.2e .

Hi and welcome to AVF.
The rules are clear that you're meant too look around the forum first to see if your question has been discussed, and this one certainly has, very recently. That thread does discuss exactly the same requirements as yours, but it went off into many directions so on balance it's best to keep yours separate.
To get 19E you would be better to have a new dish with the two separate LNBs rather than try to get a second one on the Freesat dish. By the way what did you mean by "twin Freesat"?
However there is not much free material on there from France and it would be difficult or impossible to get the encrypted channels such as the TNT group. This shows you exactly what there is on 19E: Astra at 19.2°E.
The best way to go about the extra LNB or new dish and LNBs is to get quotations from local installers.

I reckon that we get a fair bit of Free to air French SD tv from the mixture of 28.5 / 28.2, 19.2 and 13. I'll have a look and get back with soem info.

Simplest for the OP would be a monoblock I guess

On 19E as well as two France 24 there is also TV Monde on the same TP.
I watch them and Arte now and again, and it and TVM usefully carry text programme listings.

5w is the old FTA french channel satellite if they are channels you want (see Fenadez link above) they even have the old analogue channels going-

You can get it on a sky dish with 28e but again not an easy mod' either and at the seperation a bit low on power

The easy way is another sky dish aimed at 5w.

I'd never looked at those before. Are they really strong for enough for a Sky dish in the UK?

I'd never looked at those before. Are they really strong for enough for a Sky dish in the UK?

Very strong - some tps stronger than sky on my Rover - tilt the whole dish to the west to get best skew.

Thanks - I have an old dish currently on 1W and rarely used - so it can move there, sooner or later.

More FTA stuff on 5W aswell all be it mostly French, as it is the main bird for French programing really.

Yes, we seem to have missed that in both this thread and the previous long one.

Yes, we seem to have missed that in both this thread and the previous long one.

No, no, I'm sure that mentioned but the op didnt want sadled with the poor build quality & limited funcationality of thr Fransat receivers.

The other thread did begin with a reference, among very many others ;), to Fransat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom