1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

French TV Question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DaveP, Jan 10, 2005.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sold a Sony DVD player (NS705) to a mate so he could use it in his French holiday home. The House is fully furnished and has a French TV (don't know the make, sorry) which has a scart socket on the back. There is no manual for the tele.

When he connected up the player to the TV and switched on, the TV screen showed the Sony logo and then went blank.

The player is configured for RGB output and the disk he was trying to play was Region 2.

It would appear that the secam TV isn't capable of producing a picture from the DVD but it can from the player (the Sony logo). How can it do this?

Is there any hope (s-video? Composite?) or should he buy a small UK TV and take it with him next time?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dave

2. eXOBeX

eXOBeX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the TV does not support RGB through SCART. Alternatively, a handful of TV models need to be manually switched to RGB mode. I've seen an Amstrad where AV1 was SCART composite and AV2 was the same SCART but RGB instead. On another set RGB mode had to be picked with the remote.

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'll get him to check that next time he goes ove there.

Any idea how the Sony logo gets to appear?

Dave

4. shymonk

shymonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony logo is RGB