french/english bilingual covers

pete18

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering will all New Line dvd titles from canada film be like lord of the rings with french/english bilingual covers or was it a one off. Because Blade 2 is new line will that have the same format as LOTR.
Does anyone know what features Blade 2 has e.g soundtrack 5.1 and DTS.

Almost all sites will tell you the format of the disc. The French writing is only when the disc is sourced from Canada.

Personally I couldn't care less whether it has French writing on the cover or not not.

I have a DVD with Chinese writing on the cover.

I can confirm that it had no affect whatsoever on the artistic quality of the film.

I buy all of mine from Play and currently have over 2,000 DVDs with French writing on the cover.

HI I just want to know is it just New LIne that have the french/english covers i have ordered around 6 region1 dvd's from play.com and the only on with the half english/french cover i got is LOTR

I agree with Ian and Basil Brush :D I couldn't care less about the French writing. I have the R3 version of The Gift and that has Chinese writing. I find it breaks up the monotony of my DVD spines :D

Bi-lingual covers only appear from certain distributors. The others usually issue reversible covers (French on one side, English on the other).

AFAIK, you get bilingual covers with Alliance Atlantis, Dreamworks SKG, Paramount Home Video, Universal Home Video. You get non bilingual covers with other distributors.

Not that Alliance Atlantis can include Buena Vista and Buena Vista subsidiaries (Dimensions, Miramax). Also New Line tends to be distributed by Alliance Atlantis as well.

If you want English covers only, then order from www.amazon.com or pick the US covers from www.movietyme.com -- but you will pay more for just an English cover!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
it is the same quality as usa vesion picture and sound

Originally posted by Ian J
Personally I couldn't care less whether it has French writing on the cover or not not.

Is the latter a new member-state:confused: :p :)
At this rate it'll be like multi-sourced goods where you have to find the English information lines. Tut.

Originally posted by pete18
it is the same quality as usa vesion picture and sound

For New Line releases you tend to lose the English Dolby 2.0 track as Alliance replace this with a French 2.0 one
This occured with John Q, LOTR, ...
However as you still get the English Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 (if applicable) should not be a problem.

Originally posted by pete18
HI I just want to know is it just New LIne that have the french/english covers i have ordered around 6 region1 dvd's from play.com and the only on with the half english/french cover i got is LOTR
All New line Disk's such as blade 2 will have a French/English cover if ordered from Play.com, CD-WOW.com and Futureent.com as these disks come from Canada as said before, numerous time by other members.

is that on new releases from this point? because my blade 1 R1 from Play didn't have a bilingual cover.

Originally posted by James45
is that on new releases from this point? because my blade 1 R1 from Play didn't have a bilingual cover.
Yes, if the New Line release is distributed by Alliance Atlantis in Canada.

The first new line disk I had like it was Twin Peaks-Fire walk with me. I think it's quite a new thing (like this year) to have French/English covers. K-pax was one of the first universal titles I know of to have this.

i went on cd-wow and on there help secetion they say that they mostly stock region usa format dvd's

but i have e-mailed them a number of times and they have given me the format of the dvd either canadian or usa format

the only place to get usa format dvd is movietyme but i have not used them anyone??
what are they like?

A lot of people on this forum use them and find them very good. I have never used them as I am Bi-focal.

Originally posted by kevb
A lot of people on this forum use them and find them very good. I have never used them

I don't trust the wife to remember to take the pill so I still use them.

A lot of people on this forum use them and find them very good. I have never used them.

I have never used them as I don't suffer from constipation.

Originally posted by wurzel
I don't trust the wife to remember to take the pill so I still use them.
Keep her off the cider and she might be a bit more reliable.

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
I have never used them as I don't suffer from constipation.
I noticed that from the **** you post.;) :D

A lot of people on this forum use them and find them very good. I have never used them.

I don't use them as Wendy fixes it for me.

A lot of people on this forum use them and find them very good. I have never used them

I don't use them as it's big enough already

Neither have I

Originally posted by Don Kiddick
I don't use them as it's big enough already
If you use a lot of steroids, it will make it smaller for you :D as most body builders will testify to.

Ian do you have MPD today.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom