French channels on my freeview

BYF

I just done an auto scan on my TV with built in freeview and analogue tuner and I've got about a dozen French TV channels including BFM TV, i tele, Gulli, Direct8, Virgin 17 and France 4. Most of them are freeview channels and I think they've gone over the english channel numbers.

How can I get rid of them, I keep running setup and they keep appearing.

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
I just done an auto scan on my TV with built in freeview and analogue tuner and I've got about a dozen French TV channels including BFM TV, i tele, Gulli, Direct8, Virgin 17 and France 4. Most of them are freeview channels and I think they've gone over the english channel numbers.

How can I get rid of them, I keep running setup and they keep appearing.
...and to think I had to move to France to get them! :D

But it does answer a question that occasionally pops up, ie will my UK box work in France. From your experience that is an unequivocal yes (assuming you get a picture etc)

C

chippy3333

I had them on all my freeview receivers monday and tuesday and thought it was great, the signal strength was high, I'm in West Sussex and want to know whether it was just freak atmospheric conditions or were they testing on a new stronger transmitter. They are all gone now and I would love to have all the French channels back:lease:

C

chippy3333

Thanks I will check it out, all the French channels were on yesterday as well.

C

chippy3333

Can one pick up the French freeview channels somehow withouth there being strange atmospheric conditions, larger antennae, pointing antennae towards Normandy etc etc, would love to know whether it is possible.:lease:

B

barrymorri

my signal strength increased by 30% last weekend, seemed a rather large increase for the weather to be responsible . it did however allow me to get ch5 ect on my pani for a few days. :)