Freezes when AHCI is used.

WibXL

I'm currently using the 64bit version of Windows 7 and have noticed a strange behaviour when AHCI is switched on in the BIOS. Whenever one of my HDD goes to sleep or wakes up Win7 will freeze up for a couple of seconds but it doesn't do this when AHCI is turned off.

It's not a huge problem although it can be annoying when it happens during a game. Anybody else suffer from this and did you find a solution other than changing the power options for your HDDs?

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
You're not supposed to switch between IDE and AHCI modes. Windows often needs a complete reinstall which you switch - it's a wonder yours works at all!

WibXL

You're not supposed to switch between IDE and AHCI modes. Windows often needs a complete reinstall which you switch - it's a wonder yours works at all!

Pretty sure that I originally had it turned on but a reinstall wont hurt and should get rid of a few of the cobwebs in my system.

WibXL

All's well after a reinstall so either I didn't originally have it turned on in the BIOS when Win7 was installed or the new mobo drivers I downloaded fixed it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom