Freezer 7 Pro Paste

B

buildrebuild

"The Freezer 7 Pro is the only cooler in our round up that comes with the thermal paste applied to the base as standard."

I'm new to this, so I don't quite understand this.

You need a thermal paste to connect the HSF to the CPU? Will the paste not have dried out if it's already on the Freezer Pro? Do you need any other paste or just the one provided?

Does paste come with all CPU/HSF's?

Thanks for answering my dumb questions!
Clint

Uridium

Most of them do come with paste preapplied. Unless your after ultimate performance just leave the stuff that's preapplied on, no need to bother with seperate compund

tinners

Novice Member
The paste wont dry out but you need to be careful you dont smudge it off when unwrapping / fitting. You can buy replacement paste (Arctic Silver or the like) should you run into problems but as Uridium says the stuff which comes with is just fine.

B

buildrebuild

Thanks people!

I'm totally anal when it comes to my first build, because I don't want anything to go wrong...more than likely, it will. It's almost like I'm trying to talk myself out of it.:)

Vandiesel

The paste is used to fill in a gaps and make better contact with the hsf, the paste that comes on the freezer pro is actually quite good, dont put your fingers on it, clean the cpu with tims cleaner/iso alcohol, and drop the freezer onto it

Spider-Pig

Standard Member
You may end up wiping it off and replacing it. It's only there to fill in the tiny gaps between the CPU and HSF, but when I got mine there was enough to fill the Grand Canyon! :eek: :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom