1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeze,pixilation and frustration.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cluncastle, Feb 9, 2005.

1. cluncastle

cluncastle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,new member tonight.Have standard sky instalation,receiver is Amstrad 40F115,three and a half years old.First started getting pixilation and freezing whilst watching the Baggies on prem plus in december.over the past six weeks,got worse,then its fine for a day or two,now really bad,happening on all channels,but not all the time.Out of warranty,so paid £35 for local engineer to come out and fifteen minutes later said dish was loose,and slightly out of line.That was monday.problem still here,could it be my receiver,or lnb.Signal strength around 75%,and quality fluctuates between 75 and 85%.Thanks for reading. :lease:

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the dish has been realigned properly, and the lnb has been checked ( which your local guy should have done while he was up at the dish), then it is more than likely the box.

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    cluncastle,

Welcome!

Amstrad model numbers are DRX... 100, 200,300 or 400, found on a sticker underneath. Which one is it?

Try 504 (Bloomberg). Then try 507 (News 24). What do you get?

A. Dork

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I know that some of the Amstrad models suffered from tuner failure. I had one of those myself - I think it was a DRX-100. If you are really expert with a soldering iron, you can get exchange replacement tuners, but you should only attempt it if you have experience with multi-layer boards.