1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeware Speaker Setup Soft

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by demonhale, Jul 29, 2005.

1. demonhale

demonhale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. demonhale

demonhale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone???
    :(

3. mouseboy

mouseboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just giving feedback on your 5.1 speaker software. Thank you for your effort and time in programming this software. However I think that there can be some improvements.

First of all, the user should be able to enter a value for the static placement of any speaker which cannot be moved for optimal sound due to other constraints (such as layout of other items in the room or placement of seating area which cannot be easily changed) and maybe the location of other static items such as tables/bookshelves.

Another suggestion is that if the user enters these values above, that the software should then explain what the best options are for the remaining speakers. For example, I can only change the placement of my rear speakers and would like advice on how/where I place them for optimal effect in my existing room configuration. Also, there should be consideration to the type of speakers (bookshelf, floorstanders, small/large) and what the speakers are used for - i.e. films/music etc.

Maybe this is too difficult to implement, but I thought I would share my thoughts. In general I think your software is great and thank you for providing it free (with donation available). However I cannot use it as I have a fixed location for all my speakers except my rear/surround and cannot move my furnishings (my girlfriend would kill me).

Thanks,

Andrew

4. ghislain

ghislain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    It does indeed only provide a theoritical optimization wheras in the real world lots of limitations would have to be taken into consideration (windows, doors...). Also seating position is rarely in the middle of the room.
    So, more flexibility on that side would be required.

Nicely developed thought :smashin:

Possible improvements:

- Flexibility (see above)
    - measurements in meters/centimeters
    - get rid of the red (text) colors (red is preceived as negative and it does onces eyes)