Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by thamesider, Mar 28, 2003.

1. thamesider

thamesider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Advice needed for a mate please:-

Which is the best freeview box make?

Total cost to get installed?

Best people to install it?

Do you get teletext on the freeview channels?

Thanks in advance:)

2. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Which is the best freeview box make? - Nokia 221T. No question in my opinion. Retails at about £120 - worth the extra £20 or so over the other boxes on the market.

Total cost to get installed? - Nothing if your aerial's up to it - if not, around £60 for an aerial upgrade, depending on the difficulty, where you live etc. Have you checked the postcode checker on the Freeview Website for your coverage?

Best people to install it? - Check the yellow pages for local aerial installers.

Do you get teletext on the freeview channels? Yes - digital text is available on the BBC channels, and the teletext channel isn't a bad service. Whether digital text is better than analogue text is debatable - personally prefer the old service, despite the cr*p graphics. Digital text is improving though.

Cheers

Simon

3. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Note of advice, re. Teletext - leave the 5 terrestrial channels tuned in on channels 1 to 5 of your telly so that you may access teletext when you wish.

I got the aerial man to give me spiffing Analogue AND digital reception and I am very impressed.

Nokia 221T - he commented that this was a really good box - wasn't familiar with it, but while he was messing with the menus for setup he commented positively.

4. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    April What video compares the freeview boxes on the market and rates Nokia 221T as the best. It's certainly easy to use. Plug in press install and watch TV - job done.