1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeview wrong regional channels?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by wilse, Dec 26, 2004.

1. wilse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi All

Just got myself a philips freeview DTR1500, and it's my first brush with digital TV. No entirely impressed, but there are some features which are better.

I find one annoying problem, we used to get BBC1 look north news (as we live in between Doncaster and Scunthorpe) but with freeview we get North East for Newcastle & Cumbria,?? some 130 miles away?

Also, is it normal to get the picture freezing, for half a second or so?
    BBC2 is particularly prone, and sometimes when I'm on another channel and go to BBC2 or BBC1 the screen occasionally goes black, although there is sound?

Makes me think I should stick to analogue? as we never get any problems like this before.

We had a new ariel 2/3 years ago, which apparantly was ready for digital broadcast??

Any help appreciated.

wilse :lease:
  2. Nick_UK

Nov 13, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    The aerial may not be the correct type for digital. In many areas, the frequencies used for digital are in a different "group" to those used for analogue TV. If the aerial installer used a Group A or Group B aerial, your digibox may not be receiving the correct digital mux's.

Pictures that freeze for a few seconds are caused by electrical interference. Your aerial may not have been wired with the correct cable for digital TV, or maybe you are using a booster which is picking up mains-borne interference. A thermostat on a heater will just cause a couple of white splashes on an analogue receiver, but can cause pictures and sound to freeze on digital TV.