• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeview via Virgin Media

Dr Asqueroso

hi there i was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me, i currently have virgin media t.v. on a basic package installed at home and i plan to dump it for freeview.

but for some silly reason, the building i live in i can't install a dish or aerial to the building, so the only feed i have coming in to my flat is the virgin cable.

so what i wanted to know is, will the freeview box work if i plug the virgin media cable directly into it??

any advice would be greatly welcomed thanks in advance!!

Adcook

Distinguished Member
No unfortunately not, you may be able to get the 5 terrestrial channels via the analogue tuner on your tv but thats not freeview. If your in an area of good signal reception you may be able to use an indoor aerial. I have the same situation, I have VM in the living room but I use an indoor aerial and a freeview box for the bedroom tv and it works reasonably well.

radioredcat

I am asuming you have phone/tv/broadband with V M if so tell them you don't want the tv package and they will leave the cable box and they will convert it to a freeview channels,They did that with my mother she wanted the internet and didn't want the tv anymore so she was going to trade the tv for the internet and V M said keep the cable box as a freeview at no charge.

andy

Dr Asqueroso

I am asuming you have phone/tv/broadband with V M if so tell them you don't want the tv package and they will leave the cable box and they will convert it to a freeview channels,They did that with my mother she wanted the internet and didn't want the tv anymore so she was going to trade the tv for the internet and V M said keep the cable box as a freeview at no charge.

andy

hi guys thanks for the advice, and yes i do have all 3 services from virgin so i guess it's going to have to be virgins freeview service then!!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom