Freeview variable channel signal quality

killa47

Standard Member
Reaction score
Both my Sony IDTV and Panasonic STB produce variable output quality. It seems to occur mainly in the evening, around 7.30pm. Sometimes ITV's Coronation Street seems mostly affected, other nights it seems to be BBC's Eastenders. How can the digital signal vary across channels and worsen at similar times each day.

Has anyone got same problems (I am in a Leeds postcode receiving from Emley Moor). :lease:

because all of the channels are transmitted in blocks of channels across 6 frequencies. therefore if itv1 is bad then so will itv2 and 3. if sky nwes is bad then so will history and sky sports news etc.

dont know why there are fluctuations at night unless that is the only time you watch. have you watched the tv all day to check?.

killa47 said:
It seems to occur mainly in the evening, around 7.30pm. Sometimes ITV's Coronation Street seems mostly affected, other nights it seems to be BBC's Eastenders.

Sounds like good taste to me!

Thanks fellas - I only watch these"poor taste" progs for my wifes sake!. Still baffled how the Freeview Transmission Gods seem to alternate quality at the 7.30 slot - presumably same reason Eastenders/Corrie never "conflict" - Is this an electronic miracle or what!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom