1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FREEVIEW UPDATE: "CBM" gone channel 22 returns

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by PhilipVass, Aug 6, 2003.

1. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If Turner couldn't come to a financial agreement at an earlier date I can't see why that would change now especially as CC seem to have jacked the asking price up for capacity on the muxes that it controls.
    I am assuming of course that money was the factor behind the failure of Turner to get carriage in the first place.

I've no idea if CBM was going to be a "good" channel even a viable one but there is plenty of cheap capacity on dsat:)

3. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The official statement from CBM is:

"CBM Media Limited is disappointed but not surprised by Crown Castle's Announcement today in relation to Channel 22. CBM is also actively Considering its options, which include taking legal proceeding for breach of Contract by Crown Castle and making a formal complaint to the Independent Television Commission on competition grounds. CBM will make a decision on exactly how to proceed in the near future.

A CBM Media spokesman said, "As far as we are concerned Crown Castle are trying to renege on our contract signed in April last and there is no valid basis for termination. We have found Crown Castle almost impossible to deal with from the outset and lacking in goodwill towards our exciting new project. In fact Crown Castle have previously tried to use its termination rights in an attempt to force commercial concessions from CBM, concessions that ultimately we were not willing to agree. In addition, it appears from the terms of their press release that Crown Castle are now seeking to exploit the channel-broking concept that CBM have pioneered".

The spokesman continued, "in our opinion, based on our course of dealing, Crown Castle are behaving as a monopolist provider rather than as a fair and non-discriminatory gatekeeper of the DTT platform. This is just one of the conversations we may be having with the ITC in the near future."

If you ask me the it sounds like they have been toppled by a higher bidder perhaps Turner..

However it is still believed Bloomberg will broadcast on the mornings possibly on channel 44 if it returns.