• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeview Update 10 December 2015

DocSavage

Established Member
Got a warning message on our TV's and Panasonic DVD/HDD Recorders that a retune was needed.

Checked on a516 and Freeview to find out what that was about (some data channels removed, Horror and CBS Drama relocated) and did the deed at our house and at my parents.

Now all the TV's work fine, but all the Panasonic Recorders have gone screwy - channels that have been removed have had their ID's replaced with blanks and been repeated. Consequently when you try to edit or change the favourites menu it all goes blank, and if you try to access past 253 to 601 all channels disappear.

Called Panasonic and they say its a fault with Freeview and their transmitter at Crystal Palace, but having called Freeview (new channel 100 added) they say from their end it all looks OK but they surmise the Panasonic tuners are being over effective and still remembering/locking onto the old channels, even though they're not there.

Now does anyone else have this problem, and can it be cured or remedied?

My parents use the Panasonic recorders quite bit as they don't tend to stay up that late, so editing the channels has always been necessary as it's easier to select from a list of preferred channels than scan up/down or remember exactly what number the channel is they want recording.

If it can be cured by wiping the tuner memory or resetting it, how do you do it? Tried the initialise option via setup and the other method of pressing channel up/down simultaneously, and neither have worked, so would it be a problem with the Panasonic firmware/software itself not being updated to accept the Freeview changes.

Glad of any help or guidance, and when I'm next their round there I'll try and get some screen shots to show what's happening.

mike7

Distinguished Member
Have you tried removing the aerial and doing a retune? Then reconnect and tune again. This sometimes gets rid of old settings so you can start with the current channel positions.
A retune this week on my Panasonic pvr gave no problems although I am on a different transmitter to you.

DocSavage

Established Member
Have you tried removing the aerial and doing a retune? Then reconnect and tune again. This sometimes gets rid of old settings so you can start with the current channel positions.
A retune this week on my Panasonic pvr gave no problems although I am on a different transmitter to you.
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately that's one of the first things I did, however it just seemed to make things worse. Guess its another call to Panasonic then, unless anyone has any other ideas. :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom