1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FREEVIEW Twin digital tuner question

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by unrealrocks, Nov 30, 2003.

1. unrealrocks

unrealrocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - Looking at getting a Freeview box downstairs, I would like to be able to watch TV & record another channel seperately, PACE have released a dual tuner box but only allows the 2nd tuner to record to the internal HDD which is only 10hrs and I have a decent VCR ... aparently they have released one which is simply the two tuners and two SCART outputs although this is for other euopean countrys only :(

I have heard Fusion will be doing a dual DVD recorder w/ HDD (kinda 4 in 1) but does anyone know of a company that does/will be doing a dual tuner box with dual outputs?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    No idea about dual tuner box with dual outputs, Upgrading Twin HDD is easy or as prices are so low know why not get a twin for downstairs and another Freeveiw box for upstairs. Fusion PVR is single tuner humax had one on its way too try http://www.pvruk.co.uk/

3. unrealrocks

unrealrocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - thats my point I DONT want a PVR, just one with dual digital tuners so I can watch one program and record another onto VCR!

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The pace allows you to choose the output of the 2nd tuner, it's easy, and can output in composite, s-video, and if you choose scart 1 at target, you could output/record in rgb, and watch 2nd tuner in s-video. ie scart 1=composite/svideo/rgb, scart 2 =composite/svideo. either tuner can be mapped to either scart, or to HDD. As HDD is only 10gb it's just as well. Upgrading mine to 80gb for xmas.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    So get 2 boxes or the daewoo freeveiw VCR and 1 box! but why no PVR????? Much better than a VCR.

6. unrealrocks

unrealrocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that PVR is better for recording something one night and watching it another BUT I like to catalogue some stuff and also capture it onto my PC for people in the US and I can't do that without moving the PVR around everytime ... VHS I can ;) (Yes - I am looking at a DVDR for a replacement in the nearish future)!