1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview/tv/video connections

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by rossw82, Dec 27, 2004.

1. rossw82

rossw82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just brought an Hitachi VCR/DVD combi with 2 scarts (AV1 and AV2) and a DigiFusion (FRT101) Freeview box (2 scarts) and am trying to connect it to a Philips w/s (2 scarts EXT1 and EXT2). I have tried every combination of scart cable and aerial connections but still cannot get the the vcr to record or even see the freeview channels. Can someone tell me what to connect to where? Any help is appreciated.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I expect the problem could be that the TV, VCR and Freeview all can handle multipule signal formats on their scarts connections.
    Make sure that each unit knows what it is expecting to receive via the scart inputs, RGB obviously being the best unless the Hitachi only handles composite (although RGB passthrough is not uncommon).
    Also make sure that the TV and VCR have been manually set to look at the appropriate AV input, most hardware have many AV inputs and you need to select the right one otherwise there will be no picture.

As for RF, well that should be just a matter of making sure the Fusion output is not clashing with the VCR output which is not clashing with local analogue/digital frequencies and any other RF sources in your home.