Freeview TV apps not working

Sjorn

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Phillips 43PUS8505 TV. Everything on it seems to work perfectly EXCEPT Freeview Play, and all the apps linked to that, Iplayer, ITV, 4OD etc.

I don't get an error message when I open them up, just a slight buffer and then black screen. Nothing after that. All the other apps work perfectly so it must have something to do with Freeview Play.

I do have an aerial connected, but I get fairly weak signal in my area, so not all channels are found. But I have 49 or so channels. I'd heard that having a functional aerial can be the cause of this issue, but I'm not even getting an error code that I could check, just the black screen.

Anyone else experienced this or managed to fix it?

TV is on version: TMP191E_R.101.001.123.008

I believe this is the most recent version of the software.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Marantz Man

Novice Member
Yeah hello i have 58" pus8505 and had it now two months and having same issues trying to get in touch with Philips Tech support phoned number and can't get through to them this is shocking customer support.

AliasZed

Novice Member
Search port forwarding for your router. The toggling on / off static IP worked but when I turned on the TV on the next use I had to to toggle it again. Hope this helps.

mrkitchens

Novice Member
I have a 50pus8535 12 Philips TV. I live in Spain and wanted to get on demand plus Freeview via a dish. I have played around with the settings and have Freeview Play working perfectly. However the 700 channels the tuning picked are in alphabetical order with numbers. Its not possible to "favourite" or edit or delete them and the EPG has almost no information in. Having talked to support at length the suggestion was to factory reset then do everything in Spanish then change language to English. Guess what, it had Spanish content and I lost Freeview Play. Only way to get demand back was reset, UK location then Freeview play was back. Install a good VPN and now Freeview works but not the option to watch from the beginning. However channels cant be edited, its now down to the list I have printed off to select channels. So Philips would rather spend money on flashy lighting than get the Tv working as a TV. I also use a STB for IPTV that works brilliantly. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom