Freeview to HTPC to Sharp

richjthorpe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried feeding a Sharp GA3/4 panel with a Freeview feed upscaled through an HTPC ? I imagine that the result would be outstanding with the signal being upscaled to 720p through a DVI connection. Can anyone help on this ?

Richie.

I have done this using a Nebula digital card. Only set it up last night, but the picture is stunning. Need to carry out a few tweeks over the weekend, so far I am happy.

zap

Do you know of anyway to upscale using MCE2005 ?
Was hoping could use ffdshow - but this only works with DVD , divx etc not
the live tv :(

There's some software called DScaler I've heard of but don't know much about. That might work.

zap said:
I have done this using a Nebula digital card. Only set it up last night, but the picture is stunning. Need to carry out a few tweeks over the weekend, so far I am happy.

zap

How are you routing the sound, straight from source to AV amp ? If so, do you get any lip sync problems since the video is going into the HTPC and being processed ?

Richie.

Currently just routing the sound from the pc soundcard to the Sharp. There seems to be no lipsync using this method. I will be hooking up to an amp soon using spdif. The Nebula software does let you alter the sound timing so it should be fine.

zap

My NTL cable box broke at the weekend, which promted me to get my htpc client working with freeview and the sharp 32. I 've got a nebula card as well, and through DVI it looks absoltely amazing. I suspect Dscaler would look pretty good too. with the nebula there should not be any delay, as its recieving the freeview signal into the pc, and then outputting them together, its not doing any extra processing, where as dscaler is adding extra processing, but not a lot.
RD

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom