Freeview to DVD recorder wiring problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vetinry, Mar 17, 2006.

1. vetinry

vetinry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all

I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to get my freeview box running through my panasonic DMR e55. I've added the recorder into my kitchen set up, so that I can record the odd programme and also watch DVD's.

Previously I ran a 10m scart from the Netgem box straight to the TV (Samsung 26" LCD) but I wanted to make use of the component outputs so have bought a 10m Vivanco lead.

I have connected the DVD recorder to the TV and used the optical digital out to my amp and everything is working fine.

Then I've connected the Netgem to the AV2 input of the Panansonic using a scart.

The problem is that I can get a picture but no sound - I've tried adding a line connection from the panasonic to the amp but still nothing. If I connect the Netgem directly to the amp using an optical connection, I can get sound but it's very out of sync with the picture.

The amp only has one optical input and so I would like to use it for the DVD if possible

Does anyone know how I can get sound playing from my Netgem via the panasonic into the amp, either digitally or otherwise. I assumed that the scart would be carrying a sound signal (QED P2110) into the Panasonic as well as the picture and then at least I would probably be in sync

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

2. JB38

JB38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just to clarify a point, if you play a DVD on the Panasonic, does everything work OK? as if it does, then the problem has to be with the link from the Panasonic to the Netgem box.

Also are you sure you havent turned the Netgems audio level down, or possibly muted it. (should it have that facility)

3. vetinry

vetinry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, everything is working fine from a DVD point of view.

for now, I'll just have to connect the Netgem directly to the amp and suffer the sync problems

Cheers

Steve

4. JB38

JB38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yes, but did you check yet that you havent either muted or turned down the audio on the Netgem?

The reason I ask that is, on some equipment the mute etc only operates on what comes out the scart socket, and that possible angle has to be excluded.

If as you say, everything works from the DVD to TV & amp, then its only the Netgem to the DVD AV2's input that has to be investigated, even the possibility of your cable being faulty, although its doubtfull that both audio channels of a stereo connection would be faulty.