1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview to dvd rec problem(copyright protection)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Trev S-J, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Trev S-J

Trev S-J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apologies to all if this has already been covered in another thread but, have been unable to locate it.My problem is,when I try to record from my Netgem I-Player to my Panasonic E55 DVD Recorder I get a message informing me that it is unable to do this due to copyright protection.I have both rec. and freeview set to RGB,and good quality scarts between all equipment.Would a macrovision defeat scart be of any help in this matter(though I am not interested in DVD to DVD recording, it is just that my terrestial quality of both Ch 4 and Ch 5 is diabolical).Unless there is some other method of defeating this annoying dilemma that I find myself in.Cheers, Trev S-J.

2. yhtomit

yhtomit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes an appropriate scart lead from http://www.ktvision.com will probably sort you out. I recommend going for the more pricier screened IS Pro
    Gold if it will be your permanent connection.

Also, you may well need an additional universal 12v power supply @ 300ma
    available from Dixons for about £5. If you experience a flickering picture when
    using it that will mean your freeview box is not supplying enough power to it,
    so then get the power supply. Additionally, signal will only flow one way through the lead, so it's important to plug it in the right way round. KT vision
    labelled the lead incorrectly, but worked fine when it was reversed.

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I don’t know if that cable will fix your problem or not, but you should be able to record from Freeview with standard cables. At least from the mainstream channels, there is no copy protection. I’m sure there are E55 users who record successfully from Freeview, not sure if any of them have a Netgem Freeview box though.

Mark

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Your Panasonic DVD recorder could be confusing noise in the sync pulses for Macrovision pulses. The KTVision cable should sort that out. Make sure you get a power supply, though. My cable didn't work until I fitted one.