1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview to Benq projector via SCART anyone?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by organica, Oct 25, 2005.

1. organica

organica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Dad has got himself a freeview box (Bush DFTA7) and I'm planning to get it hooked up to my projector (Benq PB6210). The Bush outputs on SCART only, however I believe it transmits an RGB signal via the SCART, and my projector accepts an RGB signal via its VGA input.

Is this likely to be a goer? Or is the RGB input on the Benq (intended mainly for computers I presume) a different type of signal, and not going to work because of interlacing / sync / etc...?

I know the Benq's VGA input is not a one-trick-pony, since it also understands a YPrPb signal from my DVD player, but perhaps this would be a step too far?

Any suggestions / experience on this one?

2. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a thread about this a couple of months ago, someone posted a link to a cable that did the job. Hopefully a search will bring it up. If you get it working let me know, I might go the same route :)

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have used my H30 with my Sky box using the vga/scart adapter and worked great, only problem i had was that the video would go in and out of sync in a subtle almost unnoticable way and would only effect certain parts of the image. Also audio sync was a problem on some sky channels.

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    As far as I know the BenQ won't accept RGB scart type signals. Only computer RGB. I've tried making up a cable for my PB6100 with no joy whatsoever.

In the end I went to maplin and got a scart RGB to s-video convertor which worked well enough.

5. organica

organica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies folks.

I also submitted a support request to Benq about this, but no joy as yet.

Had a look at the Maplin converter box.
    £35 - but also removes "degrading copy-protection artefacts" :D

If I have any response from Benq I'll post back, but going on the basis that cyberheater is the sort of guy to experiment with various pin combinations, I guess it doesn't look too promising.

I had intended to steer my Dad in the direction of the Netgem or something, but he ended up impulse-buying in Aldi!

6. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Looking forward to seeing if BenQ replies. I spent a fruitless night making up various leads and I could not get it to work. Only component and computer VGA.

7. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DVD recorder (Panny DMR-E500H) takes a scart input and outputs both scart RGB and component. It seems to do a reasonable job of converting it.

I'd like to also have a direct connection between the ntl box and the BenQ PE7700 though

8. organica

organica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no reply except for a confusing automated one directing me back to the place I had posted the query.

We shall see...