Freeview to Benq projector via SCART anyone?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by organica, Oct 25, 2005.

1. organica

organica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Dad has got himself a freeview box (Bush DFTA7) and I'm planning to get it hooked up to my projector (Benq PB6210). The Bush outputs on SCART only, however I believe it transmits an RGB signal via the SCART, and my projector accepts an RGB signal via its VGA input.

Is this likely to be a goer? Or is the RGB input on the Benq (intended mainly for computers I presume) a different type of signal, and not going to work because of interlacing / sync / etc...?

I know the Benq's VGA input is not a one-trick-pony, since it also understands a YPrPb signal from my DVD player, but perhaps this would be a step too far?

Any suggestions / experience on this one?

2. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a thread about this a couple of months ago, someone posted a link to a cable that did the job. Hopefully a search will bring it up. If you get it working let me know, I might go the same route :)

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have used my H30 with my Sky box using the vga/scart adapter and worked great, only problem i had was that the video would go in and out of sync in a subtle almost unnoticable way and would only effect certain parts of the image. Also audio sync was a problem on some sky channels.

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    As far as I know the BenQ won't accept RGB scart type signals. Only computer RGB. I've tried making up a cable for my PB6100 with no joy whatsoever.

In the end I went to maplin and got a scart RGB to s-video convertor which worked well enough.

5. organica

organica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies folks.

I also submitted a support request to Benq about this, but no joy as yet.

Had a look at the Maplin converter box.
    £35 - but also removes "degrading copy-protection artefacts" :D

If I have any response from Benq I'll post back, but going on the basis that cyberheater is the sort of guy to experiment with various pin combinations, I guess it doesn't look too promising.

I had intended to steer my Dad in the direction of the Netgem or something, but he ended up impulse-buying in Aldi!

6. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Looking forward to seeing if BenQ replies. I spent a fruitless night making up various leads and I could not get it to work. Only component and computer VGA.

7. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DVD recorder (Panny DMR-E500H) takes a scart input and outputs both scart RGB and component. It seems to do a reasonable job of converting it.

I'd like to also have a direct connection between the ntl box and the BenQ PE7700 though

8. organica

organica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no reply except for a confusing automated one directing me back to the place I had posted the query.

We shall see...