Freeview through internal aerial

Bluecube

I'm intending to get a Freeview box for my lounge TV. Unfortunately I don't have a connection to an external aerial so this sin't going to be too simple :( I know that you can get a decent Freeview signal through an internal aerial because I can get one on my upstairs bedroom on a 14" portable but downstairs is a different story. Can anyone advise what sort of internal aerial would be best to ensure I get a decent reception? I've seen some aerials in Currys which boast about 14db receptions and are suitable for receiving digital signals but is this really the case?

TIA

blue_harvester

Standard Member
I too would like some recommendations on internal aerials for Freeview. I'm in a strong signal area, but the internal aerial would be located in my living room on the ground floor. I checked on Wolfbane and entered a aerial height of 1 meter and they recommended a set-top aerial.

What internal aerials do any of you guys use for Freeview?

Glenn2

Standard Member
The Telecam TCE2000 and 2001 (Argos) are regarded as the best indoor aerials. The 2001 has a booster and costs £20. It is a log-periodic design which are balanced and better at rejecting impulse interference which causes DTT signals to freeze (e.g., when the boiler comes on etc.) than normal unbalanced 'yagi' types.

The Antiference 'Silver Sensor' is another log-periodic (Maplin sell these).

Of course with Argos you've 16 days to take it back if it doesn't do the trick for you.

Chris Muriel

The other point about log periodics is that they are less affected by surrounding objects than normal yagis.
Unfortunately they also have less gain for a given boom length.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

Exception OE

Standard Member
I've got some phillips one from Argos that cost about £30. It seems to work with my 26" Samsung HDTV. Although I can actually see the TV mast that feeds my signal if I leave the house.

Bluecube

Just a note to say I tried this out with a top of the range All in One aerial with absolutely no luck whatsoever. The surrounding houses must block signals going into my lounge cause as I said previously I can get a perfect signal on an unboosted 14" portable aerial. Bummer. Seems like I'm going to have to get someone in to fix the aerial point in my lounge....

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom