Freeview Through Coax?

tcorbyn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Today I receved my monitor and freeview box. I have now discoverd that the antena cable I got with the box is extremealy short, i was going to go and try and buy a new one to connect it with the antena but I had a brain wave... At the moment I have a COAX cable in my room where I used to connect it to my router for internet from virgin media but now I have sky ADSL so the cable is just sitting there, If I was able to find the right adaptor (ie to plug the coax into my freeview box) would I be able to get all the freeview chanels through my coax cable (which is the same one that goes into the sky box in other rooms) with much better quality than my S*** antena outside on the roof?

Cheers all!

tCorbyn

For Freeview you need an aerial - it isn't clear whether your co-ax cable is attached to an aerial or a dish.

Yes it should be no problem using the coax you will need f-coax plug adaptors at each end 1 male at the freeview end and a female at the sky box end.
You will need an aerial plugged into the sky box, you can't get freeview from the sky box alone which i think is what your thinking(apologies if i'm wrong with the last comment).
The connectors below are packs of 10 but this is for illustration purposes you should be able to get them locally.

Labgear F To Coax Plugs Pack of 10 - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

Labgear F To Coax Adaptors Pack of 10 - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

andy

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "received my monitor and freeview box"? Have you signed up for something?

The cable you got with a freeview box (assuming it is a TERRESTIAL freeview, not freesat(ellite)) will be a short length with a male plug one end and female the other. This assumes that you are putting the box next to an existing TV; moving the ae to the4 box, then connecting the box ae(rf) out to the TV

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom