Freeview STB software download doldrums. (Ferguson FDT 2000)

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by HarryAlffa, Jan 6, 2005.

1. HarryAlffa

HarryAlffa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ferguson FDT 2000, Freeview STB
    =====================
    On the 16th of December my STB prompted me to download the latest version of its software. I did and was pleased with the new facilities it provided.
    However, when I set the timer for a program now it won't control my VCR. So to record a program from the STB I have to set the timer in my Freeview box to the right channel AND the timer in my VCR to record from the AV input!!

I was patient and waited for a corrected version to be written and released, but today I phoned various numbers trying to find out when a software release is due but they couldn't give me any timescale at all. Just wait, they said.

I did find out that the download was only available for a couple of hours and then they pulled it, and killed some boxes that were only half-way through installing the update!

Anybody else with simmilar problems from Thomson or Ferguson STBs?
    Does anyone know any phone numbers which bypass the call centre people and get through to the culprits who issue the downloads?

2. ROZ

ROZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got the Grundig version (GDT2000) and I've been spending ages trying to track down download info :thumbsdow .
    Thomson's site is a mess :suicide: .
    Grundig UK is just a cover page (guess they're dead :zonked: ).
    And the DTG site just forward's you down the pan!

The amount of programmes I've missed recording because I didn't align my box and recorder. Doesn't help that I haven't got a manual (anyone got one they can email :rtfm: ?)

3. ROZ

ROZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone out there got any idea on how to find out freeview software download timetables other than the DTG (which forwards you to..), or manufacturer's (in this case Grundig/Furguson/Thomson) website
    :mad: