1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview - Sound slightly out of sync

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Hodge, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Hodge

Hodge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    New to Freeview, on second box in 10 days (Humax now Sony) newly installed £300 earial giving good signal but sound slightly out of sync. Am I the only one?
    Help lines for Sony and Freeview can't really help.

Anybody else experiencing or resolved this?

Thanks in advance.

Sharp lc32ga5E
    Sony VTX-D800U
    Profigold PGV782 scarts.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Is the sound lagging the picture, or vice versa ? If the picture lags the sound, it's often a problem with the TV. It looks like you are using an LCD screen - LCD's and plasmas sometimes take a few milliseconds to process the picture information, and the sound appears to be too far ahead, but it's the picture that's too far behind. Try feeding the Freeview box into a CRT TV, and see if there is still a problem.

3. Hodge

Hodge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nick,
    Thanks for the reply.
    It appears to be the sound ahead of the picture.
    I've re-tuned the digi box and the moment it doesn't seem quite so bad. It's still very slightly out (I think) but not sure if it's just me becoming paranoid.

I haven't got around to trying a different TV yet but if I switch to normal signal (not digital) it appears to be okay so I assume it's not the new LCD and possibly it's the norm with digital/lcd's

Hodge

4. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Certainly sounds like the LCD is at fault. Maybe when viewing analogue via its internal tuner (I'm assuming from what you are saying that it has one?) it delays the sound slightly to accomodate for the video processing (de-interlacing).

I'm very sensitive to this and had to buy delay unit within a few weeks of getting my plasma. I've since upgraded to a receiver with inbuilt delay.

Rob.

5. Hodge

Hodge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Found a delay setting in my home cinema menu, set it at 20ms and all now okay.
    :clap:
    Thanks for all your input.

Hodge