Freeview Sound Distortion

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by StuJ15, Sep 27, 2005.

1. StuJ15

StuJ15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I hope someone can help me on this problem.

I have a sound issue when watching all channels on Mux2 (itv1,2,3, news,C4, E4) and MuxC (Sky News, Sky Sports News and E4+1) through my a/v receiver in any Surround Mode. This is only through Freeview and happens on both of my STBs - One old On Digital Nokia and a brand new Sony 800DU.

The sound from the rear speakers distorts and what can be best described as garbled underwater/electric audio comes out. As I mentioned this is only in Surround Mode and switching back to normal Stereo though the front/centre speakers resolves the problem.

Does anybody know of an issue with these muxes in the London area? Is there anybody I can contact with regards to the problem?

Could it be an aerial issue? the main aerial cable is old Coax but this would cause a problem on all channels if it was degrading - correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stu.

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi Stu

Sorry cannot offer any help; but I live in E.London and just checked some of those channels with surround and they sound OK on my system. I presume you are also on Crystal Palace.

Richard

3. StuJ15

StuJ15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Richard, thanks for reply. I'm in Hornchurch so I'm also on CP. Thanks for checking on your system. Hhmmm. Looks like I may have to look into this further on my setup then.

I'm 99% sure it's not my system as DVDs, PS2, Ipod, etc are okay.

This may seem like a long shot and I've just thought of this but could it be anything like a problem with the grounding on the wiring in my flat?. Now, promise not to laugh but sometimes when the missus opens the fridge door the sound crackles and there is a quick distortion in the picture, this has also sometimes happened on the upstairs stb when she has her hairdryer on.
    I'm seriously clutching at straws now! :)

Stu.