Freeview (sony vtx-d800u) + scaler

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by eggybread, Sep 19, 2004.

1. eggybread

eggybread
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone plugged a freeview box into a scaler, and what improvement did it make?
    Thanls

2. HeweyBoy101

HeweyBoy101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I should be able to answer that question in the next few days - picking up iscan HD tomorrow ! Will try with Sky+, Sony DVD and Sony Freeview.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    eggybread

I don't have Freeview (we don't get coverage) but certainly find plugging SKY+ via my Lumagen and DVDO processors makes for image improvements; though your never going to 'fix' the really badly compressed channels.

Movie channels on our PDP-504HDE fool most folk into thinking they are watching a very decent quality DVD player!

I also find it mighty handy to finally have control of the 'over scan' on the PlasmaTV - as you know the HDE like most TV's doesn't provide much in the way of image resizing whereas the External Processors allow you to adjust the image size on a 'per input' basis.

With the latest firmware in the Lumagen Vision products you can even Deinterlace, Process, Size and Scale the HDMI signal form your DV-868AVi.

I'd find it difficult these days not to have my Lumagen or DVDO processor in the system.

If your new to the mysteries of Video Technology then getting the best out of a processor in any system can be pretty tricky - myself and other Dealers offer a range of options for potential buyers including Loan units (we send you the processor), In-Home Demo (we bring the processor to you and install it) and In Home Demo + ISF Calibration (we bring the processor to you, install it and calibrate your video system).

Drop me a note if you require further info (and or have a look in the Advertisers list on the AV Forums).

Best regards

Joe