1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview - Sony VTX D800U - Problem

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by andy888, Apr 3, 2005.

1. andy888

andy888
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Return home last night and turned on the freeview box (Sony VTX D800U) and nothing. No channels but it is picking the AV1 channel to which the box is connected to.

Have called freeview, no problems at their end. Have disconnected the box and reconnected it all and nothing.

Bought the box about a month ago and the box has been great. Picking up all the freeview channels in good picture quality.

Any idea of what is going on here?

cheers
    andy

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    My VTX D800U has locked up on me a few times in the couple of months that I have had it. I leave it switched on at all times and think that this is the cause. I just unplugged it from the power socket for a few minutes and it then worked fine. I now just try to remember to power it off for a minute or two from the remote once a week. Since doing this I've had no further problems.

Mark.

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Not sure what you mean. Is it picking up the (analogue) channel the TV is tuned to and showing that on the TV's AV1?

Try the TV/DTT button on the remote - 2nd down RH side.

It sounds as if it is 'looping through' because some TV's will send their tuner signal out of an AV scart for 'Record from TV' functions.
    If neither TV/DTT button and the power off/on works, check all the box settings, the TV AV settings. Finally retune the box.

4. andy888

andy888
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the feedback.

Mark, You are spot on. I just turned the switch off from the power socket and turned it back on and voila, the box is now working.

I will follow the power off from remote from now on.

cheers
    andy