1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview signal to another TV

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Andy1, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Andy1

Andy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A family member who lives some way away has asked if I can run a cable to a second sitting room so his daughter can watch freeview – how can this be done please ?

As background, he has a Grundig GDT1500 which I believe has 2 scarts and RF loopthrough. I assume one of the scarts currently feeds the living room TV, with the other into his video.

Not being particularly familiar with Freeview connections (the manual does not seem to be on line any longer), I assume the external ariel goes into the box, and the digital signal goes into the TV via the scart. So, how can I split the signal (using assume a powered splitter) so a signal can be piped down a new arial lead into the next room ? Is there just an RF output I can use ?

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help, as it seems a shame for hiom to go to the expense of getting additional Freeview boxes etc just for occassional use.

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Get a freeview box per TV cheapest in the long run and easiest

3. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    All you need is a Freeview box with a inbuilt RF modulator. Then all you do is run a aerial cable out of the Freeview box to the TV in the other room. Do a channel search on the TV and all the channels should be picked up. Never tried this mind so dunno if it really works.

To recieve analogue pictures on both TV's you will require an aerial splitter out of the box or from the wall socket.