Freeview Setanta at Sainsbury's - £49-95

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by m.stephens, Sep 4, 2007.

1. m.stephens

m.stephens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Can't bothered to check whether this has been posted before but Sainsbury's have a STB with CAM slot for Setanta at £49-95. The cardboard box has some waffle about Setanta and I think there might be some free access included. The STB itself has a TopUp TV logo so it might be that this is stock made redundant by the changes to TopUp TV.

I didn't pay it that much attention as I'm not bothered about Setanta. It doesnt seem to be listed in their online catalogue. For anyone in the Edinburgh area it's the Sainsbury's up by IKEA at Straiton.

Edited

To save anyone being pedantic, I know it should be DVB-T not Freeview !

2. anglo

anglo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw it in Sainsburys Savacentre in Colliers Wood yesterday, it's the Astratec TopD2 box which includes the Setanta set-up fee and 1 months subscription in that price of £49.99.
    Not bad considering I paid that amount for the box alone over a year ago. :(

3. ChrisHGT

ChrisHGT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I spotted a freeview box offering free setanta for 1 month in my local Tesco Superstore. It was £29.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a couple of weeks ago though so I don't know if they still have them at that price

4. m.stephens

m.stephens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Thats a pretty good deal even for just having a CAM slot - can you use a CAM slot for anything other than Setanta these days ?

I think the Sainsbury's one is the same as Maplin are selling for about £10 more.