Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Freeview Recorder

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by mrpickford, Jan 10, 2005.

1. mrpickford

mrpickford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there,

can anybody please recommend a good Freeview box with digital recorder (HDD) and recommend prices and where i could purchase from.

thanks in advance for any help

Craig

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The Digifusion FVRT-100 box is quite good. You can get it from Currys (£169.99 online, £179.99 instore).

3. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  4. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Update to this is the FVRT-150 which has 80gb HDD. Argos sells it for £199. Worth the extra £20 I'd say.

5. mrpickford

mrpickford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your replys guys, i have been looking at the fvrt150 at argos and i have tried to get some more information on it,

i looks on their website but it wasnt mentioned on there, does anybody have this box and could anybody let me know if it is a good system,

also i have read on the web that the epg is 2 weeks and in other places on the internet it says the epg is 1 week, could anybody please clarify this for me?

Thanks a lot

Craig

6. mrpickford

mrpickford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also does anybody know if the fvrt150 has coaxial or optical audio outputs?

thanks

7. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It's on the Argos site, you may wish to try catalog # 532/0462.
    This is da page.

There's also the FVRT200 coming out in February, seems to be the same price (unbeatable.co.uk) but I can't see what differences there are apart from aesthetically.

8. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the digifusion 80 gb from Argos. It does what it says it does but I do have a few gripes.

1.The background picture for the TV guides etc is terrible, it's too messy and makes the text difficult to read. I really can't understand why they would choose this as a background.
    2. The fan noise is evident, and there is a lot of tick-tapping when the hard drive is being used. This noise really annoys me.

I haven't used any other boxes to compare this one with.

You should be aware that this product is exempt from the Argos money back guarantee.

9. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're still considering the FVRT150, you might want to have a browse through this Digital Spy thread.

Although there is little (if any) mention of the 150 on Fusion's website, they do host the manual [1,291KB PDF]. No sign of any digital audio outputs, I'm afraid.

Also, I understand that the fan noise (if it's a problem) can be fixed if you're brave enough to open the unit and make a small modification. See here.

EDIT: Just realised how old this thread is. :eek: I'm guessing mrpickford has made his choice by now. Oh, well.