Freeview recorder recommendation please.

skiddy15

Novice Member
Hi all -
Can anyone give me some advice re a freeview recorderbox please? I just bought a new Smart TV with Freeview Play integrated , but I'd like to be able to record the Freeview channels.
Can I buy a decent regular Freeview recorder, and then use the Play function on the TV to watch Netflix, or do I need to a Freeview Play recorder too? I realise the \TV effectively becomes a monitor if I run the aerial through the box, but will the TV itself then connect via wi-fi for Netflix and catch up services? I've been using an old Digifusion recorder with a Samsung TV in the bedroom, it's been brilliant, but has just recently become unreliable after years of stalwart service...
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Richardxx

I have been very happy with the Manhatten freeview recorder. Only had it for a week though so ,,,,

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You would use your Smart TV's built-in Netflix app to watch the streaming service which your TV connects to via your internet router, it is completely separate and has nothing to do with Freeview Play.
Yes, if you wish to record Freeview you can buy a separate recorder and the aerial would plug into this, you would then daisy-chain it to the TV so that the TV can still operate independently of the recorder.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom