• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeview reception

douglas.r

Standard Member
Hi Folks,
After retuning my digi box I lost ch.5. This probably due to to my old digi box.
Decided to buy new TV (its was for the kitchen so only a 15 inch).
With my old digi box I got 102 channels (Incl. Radio) and with the new tv I only got 40. I also get the same 102 channels on my main TV. Yes I do have a Digital ariel.
Can someone through some light on why the TV reception was so bad. Is there a difference in TV reception capability? Needless to say I took it back to the retailer and put my digi box back. (I can live with Ch 5 on analogue)
Regards,
Dougie

ROYOLD

Prominent Member
Did you try the new TV at the SAME aerial point that your digibox was connected? i.e. take the aerial out of your digibox and try it at the same place in the new TV?

Channel FIVE has moved into Multiplex 2 which contains the ITV and Ch4 group channels. ITV4 has been thrown out of Mux 2 to make way for FIVE. Try a rescan of your digibox but first do a rescan with NO aerial connected so that it scans the whole band and finds no stations. This should clear out all the old data from the tuner. Then reconnect the aerial and do another channel scan.
See if it manages to find FIVE this time.

If you know what transmitter you are using you should be able to find what channel in your area is broadcasting multiplex 2.
Knowing the channel number you can do a MANUAL scan on this particular channel (Mux2) to see if it will pick up freeview channel FIVE.

Welcome page | ukfree.tv - independent digital TV + switchover advice, since 2002

douglas.r

Standard Member
Hi,
Yes I used the new TV on the same SAME aerial point that my digibox was connected.
I am using the "Blackhill" transmitter.
How do I find what channel in my area is broadcasting multiplex 2.
How do I find the channel number to do a MANUAL scan on this particular channel 5 (Mux2).
I am a bit wary of doing a clean scan with my digibox in case I loose some of the channels I already have?.
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom