Freeview Radio: PVR with rewind, fast-forward & skip?

Terry1951

Novice Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a current Freeview PVR allowing rewind, fast-forward and skip of radio recordings?

A friend uses these on her old Humax PVR, but it is behaving erratically and she wants to replace it.

You only have Panasonic and Humax to chose from nowadays. Why not ask the companies directly?

Clem

I will record some radio tomorrow on a Humax FVP-5000T and let you know.

Forward Skip (user set duration - default + 2 min) YES
Reverse Skip (user set duration - default -5 sec) YES
Pause YES
Fast Forward NO
Fast Reverse NO

I wonder why there's no FF/FR on radio recordings?

Clem

I wonder why there's no FF/FR on radio recordings?

Clem

Guessing the sidecar (,nts) isn't set up the same as a video recording sidecar file,

Forward Skip (user set duration - default + 2 min) YES
Reverse Skip (user set duration - default -5 sec) YES
Pause YES
Fast Forward NO
Fast Reverse NO
Very many thanks for checking this. The lack of FF & Reverse will probably be a deal breaker for my friend. I guess Humax have decided that no-one wants these functions any more(!)

You only have Panasonic and Humax to chose from nowadays. Why not ask the companies directly? Clem
I'll ask a dealer. I don't trust Panasonic. Panasonic TV or PVR? Cannot watch ITV HD? - CLAIM NOW - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Last edited:
Very many thanks for checking this. The lack of FF & Reverse will probably be a deal breaker for my friend. I guess Humax have decided that no-one wants these functions any more(!)

I'll ask a dealer. I don't trust Panasonic. Panasonic TV or PVR? Cannot watch ITV HD? - CLAIM NOW - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
Yes, not Panasonic's finest hour, and I had one of the boxes showing the defect. However, as I'd moved some 200 miles away from where the dealer was located, financially it wouldn't have made sense. The fault was very marginal though. I have two satellite dishes. The box would occasionally throw the fault on one dish, and every time on the other dish, so I never was 100% convinced where the fault lay.

As for the recording thing, a couple of thoughts.

1) Give Humax a call to see what they say. Thry might take the idea onboard as a future fix.
2) What about using a proper DAB radio with recording capabilities, or perhaps a media PC with a tuner card installed to do the recordings?
3) A lot of TVs offer PVR recordings. Some may offer what you're after.

Clem

It's not as restrictive as you think. Trouble with fast forward etc is it's very easy to overshoot. Say you know you want to get to 20 mins in then 10 quick presses gets you there very quickly at the default settings.

Rather think your friend needs the resume from the position listened to option. I can check this out but guess this will work perfectly. The new boxes do lack the bookmark options and the capability to repeatedly play from bookmark to bookmark.

Though not current, the HDR-FOX-T2 may do exactly what you want.

It would help if you find out what your friend wants to do exactly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom