Freeview Question

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by garreth64, Jan 3, 2004.

1. garreth64

garreth64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've read a number of previous posts re installing Freeview, but I am still unsure on a number of points.

I already have Sky+ on my Hitachi 42PD3000 in our living room which is fine, but Ive just bought a 24" Widescreen for use in our conservatory and was thinking of getting a Freeview box.

I have no Aerial point in the conservatory so will have to get one fitted, also we cant have roof aerials where I live so it will have to be in the loft.

As this is only a second set, I dont really want to spend £200 on an aerial install plus £80 on the box. Therefore my first question is as it's only a loft install, is there any reason why I shouldnt do it myself.

I am in an area that needs a wideband aerial as recommended by the Freeview site. Are the aerials in B&Q / Argos etc up to the job for a loft installation? Is there any way I can find out the signal strength in my area before spending the money?

Finally, most sets seem to be between £60-£100 now. I havent done much research yet, but are they all much of a muchness, or is there are features I should be looking out for?

Cheers
    Mark

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0