1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview question

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Hugo Skeeter, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Hugo Skeeter

Hugo Skeeter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old OnDigital Pioneer box which I have been using for Freeview since the demise of ITV Digital. There is no problem with all the BBC TV and radio channels, Sky News and Sky sports News, basically all the 'big' broadcasters.

However, there is a problem with most of the other channels ie. music channels, FTN and the smaller radio stations e.g. Kerrang, Kiss etc. The picture and sound are intermittantly cutting out rendering the channel unwatchable or un-listenable.

The box is connected to a modern ariel, with very little in the way of local obstructions. I can't think that this is the problem because the other channels work well.

Is this something to do with the box, or is it just a poor signal strength from the smaller broadcasters ?

Thanks in advance.

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,840
    It does sound your aerial is not good enough.

The big broadcasters as you say do use better transmission techniques, compared to say ITV and Channel 4. It is the way it is broadcasted.

You need a better aerial that can cope better with these other channels. Freeview often requires a high gain aerial suitale for digital. They can be bought cheaply for £15 - £20.