1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview PVR with TopupTV

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by billpayer, Oct 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. billpayer

billpayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking around for a twin tuner HDD Freeview box with TopupTV slot. Found a box from Sagem available from Argos, (well its in the book, but always seems to be out of stock). Is there anything else available from other manufactures at present, is is there any other way. I'm not fussed about having a DVD recorder an internal HDD is all I need for the occasional usage it will get.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Topfield is the one you seek. www.toppy.org.uk Like all PRVs it's not 100% bug free, but most owners fell it's the best on the market currently. There has recently been a fairly major issue, BBC experiment with MHEG stopped it working on BBC channels, but all seems OK now.

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
  4. billpayer

billpayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toppy box looks a good bet, a bit more costly than planned, but worth investigating further, thanks for suggestion.

5. billpayer

billpayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A most excellent site, lots of choices, but the only ones that seem to have all I need, is the afore mentioned Sagem box and the Topfield box mentioned in this thread, looks like I'll be tracking both options down and making a choice between these two. :smashin:

6. snail

snail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As of today it seems the Humax 9200T has moved from vapourware to hardware, with the box now actually shipping. It has the required spec, and is cheaper than the Toppy. A search in this forum or on Digital Spy will bring up more details.

Snail