• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeview PVR with net

Keloran

Standard Member
I want a freeview (uk) PVR that allows netaccess (not to stream)
so i can control what gets recorded from work

basiclly i want mythtv in a STB, cause i dont want to build a new machine just for recording tv, i just want an STB

now to get even more specific, I want one that has wifi or can accept a dongle, cause i dont like wires, although if push comes to shove, ill stick it thru a bridge

nwhitfield

Either buy a secondhand Tivo, or a Topfield and then connect it to your network via one of the various devices that can be perverted to do so - Linksys NSLU2, Buffalo Linkstation Live, Safecom SWASPUR, Asus WL500gx and so on, or leave it plugged into a PC via USB.

You can then use various packages to enable remote control.

clemenzina

Reading OP's post earlier today, I was almost tempted to give Son_T's reply - but something told me there might be an answer so I subscribed to the thread... and NWhitfield hasn't let me down :D

clemenzina

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom