Freeview PVR with discrete on / off

Andy5000

Novice Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which freeview boxes have discrete on and off IR codes, so that I can control properly from Harmony remote hub? With my BT Humax it seems to be a toggle only, so can't make my activities reliable if the hub goes into standby mode.

You only have Manhattan, by and large, a couple of expensive Panasonics or the secondhand market to try. I'd be inclined to ask Manhattan, but Panasonic technical support is a waste of space. I think that you'll be unlucky.

Does anyone know which freeview boxes have discrete on and off IR codes, so that I can control properly from Harmony remote hub? With my BT Humax it seems to be a toggle only, so can't make my activities reliable if the hub goes into standby mode.
The Manhattan T3-R works perfectly with the Harmony Hub. I've been using it for over a year without any problems.

Possible partial workround for you to try:

Is there another command (aside from "Power") that inititates a function - like, say, a channel number (or other) - BOTH if the unit is off and if it is already on?

If channels work like this, so that pressing 1 (for example) from off will turn it on and tune channel 1 then you could use that in your sequence for the initial power on; it would be ignored if its already on and on Channel 1 else it would simply change channels - i.e. wouldn't affect the power state if it's on already. And then send the rest of the commands.

You'd only use the Power command for "off". If you write a sequence that precedes that with "1" again, followed by a pause to give it time to boot then that would similarly ensure it was ON before the power command is attempted to turn it off and similarly would be irrelevant if it were already on.

Thanks all, Manhattan T3-R it is then. The work arounds, like using the numbers, don’t seem to work on my BT Humax.

Thanks all, Manhattan T3-R it is then. The work arounds, like using the numbers, don’t seem to work on my BT Humax.

How did you get on with the Manhattan box? I can't get it to power on with any button except for the standby toggle, which due to the behaviour of auto standby makes it difficult to use with the Harmony remote.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom